Business Analyst - Identity Access Management
Job Description – IAM Business Systems Analyst
Contribute to the analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of all layers of IAM applications, including: Authorization/Authentication, Identity Registry Management and Account Creation/Management/Provisioning in data repositories.
Role & Responsibilities
- Analyze & document business processes pertaining to onboarding, terminations, and role modifications of Employees, Students, Faculty, and Guests.
- Collaborate with Engineering, and Business teams to develop solutions to simplify and streamline business processes.
- Elicit, Develop, and document user requirements.
- Work with management to review project plans and proposals and develop project objectives; identify project responsibilities by determining the phases and elements of the project; calculate time frames and sequence the stages of the project, provide project status updates.
- Act as a liaison between Engineering Teams, IT Service Desk and business stakeholders to demonstrate new capabilities to achieve buy–in.
- Collaborate with IT Help Desk to identify problems with IAM business processes and provide feedback to IAM Engineering teams.
- Collaborate with QA to review test plans, monitor test execution, and analyze test results. May provide training to clients/staff
- Test data mining to represent common IAM data roles and data types
- Abide by and follow the IT Code of Conduct
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in IT or Computer Science
- 5+ years of proven experience as an IT Business Analyst or Business Systems Analyst
- Strong written and verbal communicator, with experience authoring long and complex documents with multiple authors
- Proven analytical abilities
- Practical experience generating process documentation and reports
- Self–starter with strong sense of accountability and initiative to complete assigned tasks with a high degree of quality with little oversight
- Experience as an IT BA or BSA in a Cyber Security function, especially IAM
- Highly proficient technical writing capabilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft productivity applications, such as Teams, Visio
- Prior experience with IAM and IAM/IGA Platforms (SailPoint, Oracle) and/or Authentication/Authorization/Federation platforms (Okta, Microsoft Active Directory, Ping Identity)
- Proven capabilities in project management and system testing (UAT, SIT)