Internal Audit Manager - FTSE 250
Working as part of the global audit team for a FTSE 250 retailer. You will be responsible for the end to end delivery of audits and will deliver independent assurance and insight to a consistently high standard and be a catalyst for change in the business.
Our clients aim is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are in store, online, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Everything is underpinned by their continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver their vision. They're driving innovation to become the world's leading multichannel business.
They are looking for people who share their ambition. In return, they offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
- Having accountability for financial and operational audits including planning, reporting and following up on agreed actions;
- Working with the business and having regular communication with stakeholders to ensure that audit issues are addressed;
- Performing ad hoc in-flight reviews of ongoing change initiative projects, helping to build a robust control framework;
- Potential for international travel dependent on business need;
- Assisting in developing the data analytics offering within the internal audit function;
- Continually looking for ways to improve the audit function and supporting colleagues to ensure continuous improvement and a happy and motivated team;
- Driving your own training and keeping ahead of trends to enable your work to add value to the business; and
- Additional responsibilities may include: Department Quality Assurance monitoring, audit plan KPI reporting and department training agenda.
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified Accountant or IIA qualified Auditor, ideally with 2 years post qualification experience;
- Prior experience of working in Retail is preferred, but not essential;
- Experience of working with data analytics or, at least, a very high level understanding of Microsoft Excel;
- High level of business understanding and the ability to empathise with stakeholders and identify pragmatic solutions which address risks identified;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to demonstrate credibility in dealings with stakeholders at all levels;
- Strong independent mind-set and the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment; and
- Candidates must be highly motivated and proactive, keen to take full ownership of their area of responsibility and focus on delivering results.
- The individual will also need excellent time and project management skills, demonstrating high levels of accuracy, thoroughness and reliability to deliver multiple audits.