TheStaff Accountant will be responsible for all payroll entries,overhead expenses, capital lease accounting and assisting with retail for all US and Canada Equinox clubs, and select Equinox branded studios. This individual will also assist on ad hoc projects, research and analysis as they arise.
The candidate will be able to develop and maintain smooth, cooperative working relationships with all levels in the Company. This individual will be eager to learn, organized and possess excellent communication skills.
This position will report to our Senior Accountant at the Company's corporate headquarters located at One Park Avenue.
- Perform key functions in the monthly close process including
- payroll entries, accruals and bank reconciliation
- overhead expenses and accruals
- capital lease accounting
- manage P&L for Project by Equinox
- Revenue recording for other Equinox branded revenue streams using Mind Body Online
- Responsible for 20–30 Equinox clubs and building rapport with club managers to assist with monthly P&L inquires and financial adjustments
- Prepare analytics to assist users of the financial statements, when needed
- Must be able to understand the intent and provide meaningful information to the users of the financial statements.
- Respond to inquiries from supervisors on a timely basis
- Able to work and partner effectively with other departments, such as Payroll, field level club management, Human Resources, Accounts Payable, Cash Management, and Financial Reporting.
- Will report directly to a CPA, so will have opportunity to gain experience hours if a CPA candidate
- Responsible for preparing all KPMG auditor requests during quarterly reviews and year end audits.
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30– 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Cafe' services and Shop items
This Job Description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.