Assurance Business Partner- Global Technology Company
Working for a fast paced, growing, global tech business as a business partner you will work to improve business processes, efficiency's, identify risks and assist on ad-hoc global projects.
Our client is at the forefront of the digital age, offering digital transformation of businesses through its intelligent, purpose-built, cloud-integrated network. They design and sell their telecommunications network and voice services globally in locations such as; Europe, Asia and North America's largest business hubs.
They connect 900+ data centres around the globe, with over 27,500 on-net buildings and growing. They are recognised as an innovator and pioneer and look for people who embody these principles.
Their activity is based on 4 key pillars: Colleagues; Customers, Community and Charity. They are passionate about upholding their shared values recruit people who demonstrate leadership and are honest even when things are tough.
They have a very strong focus on developing and helping their people to be amazing; if you're looking to grow as a professional and partner with an exciting, growing, complex, global business then our client could be the business for you.
Based in Shoreditch, their office is modern, open plan, has plants, lights, modern work stations, communal and sociable kitchen spaces, pool tables and really offers a welcoming and engaging atmosphere.
The business partner is primarily responsible for leading and/or participating in financial and operational assignments, evaluating the adequacy of the overall control environment in both design and application; highlighting inefficiencies in processes and supporting the business in building a sustainable control environment.
Engage stakeholders to obtain a comprehensive understanding of the business under review and the implications for the risk and control framework.
Build trust and credibility with stakeholders throughout the process.
Fully understand and communicate the impact of findings (including root causes and risks) to relevant key stakeholders.
Make recommendations to the business to improve controls and procedures through providing practical risk management, internal controls and process improvement solutions.
Contribute to the delivery of value adding reports.
Providing coaching to junior staff members (e.g. graduates/apprentices)
- Ideally a qualified/newly qualified auditor (ACA /ACCA/CIMA/IIA or equivalent).
- Expereince working either as an internal or external auditor.
- Ability to demonstrate good experience of controls (e.g. SOX) or risk and assurance assignments.
- Strong knowledge of techniques for financial, business and operational control and risk management.
- Ability to operate in a flat organisational structure with direct exposure to senior management and Executives.
- The proficiency to work and communicate at an operational level, with an awareness, instinct and ability to press for detail, understand issues at an appropriate level of depth, and identify root causes.
- Strong communication skills and competence to influence outcomes.
- The ability to analyse data and identify trends, think critically and solve problems using a high degree of intellectual curiosity and good judgement.
- The ability and willingness to develop skills and provide support to the team.
- Work effectively with the team members and the business to build partnerships.
- Ability to work self sufficiently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook