Finance Manager / Assistant Manager (Construction)
Founded in the year 1984 by Tan Sri Dato' Seri Vincent Tan Chee Yioun, Berjaya Corporation Berhad is one of Malaysia’s largest dynamic and expanding conglomerate with its wide array of core business activities, including financial services, consumer marketing & retail, hotels, resorts, & recreation development, property investment & development, gaming & lottery, motor trading & distribution, food & beverage, and telecommunication.
BERJAYA means SUCCESS in Bahasa Malaysia and reflects the success and Malaysian character of the Berjaya Corporation's core businesses. Our symbol made up of closely interwoven B's represent our strong foundation and the constant synergy taking place within the Berjaya Corporation group of companies. Each B faces a different direction, depicting the varied strengths of the companies that make up the Berjaya Corporation group of companies.
Today, Berjaya Corporation Berhad and its affiliates have a total employee strength of more than 40,000. In Berjaya, we believe in the personal and professional development of our employees, which is why we are constantly striving to provide a cross-functional environment, as well as endless development and upskilling opportunities to our employees to bring out their fullest potential and grow together with the company. In Berjaya, we are not the practitioners of success, we are the success!
WHY JOIN US?
In Berjaya, we take pride in shaping individuals into great leaders. With a combined employee strength of more than 40,000 worldwide, we are committed to create a compelling Employee Value Proposition (EVP) and strive to be an "Employer of Choice". Through Berjaya's Employee Value Proposition (EVP), we show what it means to be part of Berjaya. We value our people and we strive to connect, inspire, and empower our employees to achieve greater success together.
Connecting you to a broad spectrum of opportunities and people from our diversified businesses.
Inspiring you to make positive changes and achieve greater impact together.
Empowering you to grow and develop to become your best in creating a better future."
- Responsible for the submission of Financial Statements in a timely and accurate manner, and in compliance with Financial Accounting Standards
- Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines
- Ensure all transactions are in compliance with the relevant statutory Acts in relations to property development and construction industry
- Take charge of overall tax matters such as tax planning, preparation of tax budgets, tax computation and payments
- Oversees daily operations of the department and supervises a team of junior executives
- Supports Head of Department to constantly review and propose improvements to internal controls and procedures
- Responsible for efficient cash management of the company
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ATTIBUTES:
- Professional Certificate/Degree in Accountancy or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years’ working experience, preferably in the construction industry
- Solid understanding of Malaysia Accounting and Taxation regulatory
- Strong working knowledge of Housing Development Act (HDA), Strata Titles Act, Company’s Act, etc
- Proficient in IFCA.net, Microsoft Office and Excel applications
- Analytical, possess good problem-solving skills and able to make sound accounting decisions
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Mature, able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines, and possess a high level of integrity
We invite a highly competent, self-motivated team player, you are pro-active and has the ability to prioritize tasks and work relatively well with tight deadlines. You possess excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills and work well in a dynamic environment.
If you are interested, and have what it takes, please submit your application via APPLY Now with salary history/expected salary.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be kept strictly confidential.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.