Finance & Accounting. Atlanta, Georgia
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, is currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Finance Department in Atlanta. The department offers the opportunity for an accountant to join an innovative and collaborative team focused on supporting general accounting functions of the firm including accounting, finance, tax, audit, treasury, and other functional areas. The Staff Accountant will work closely with the general accounting team and will report directly to the Accounting Manager.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit–based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding's comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, on–site gym access, discount programs, an onsite childcare center and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepares, enters and imports journal entries (including maintenance of spreadsheets that support recurring journals)
- Actively participates with month–end closing (reclassification, review and analysis)
- Prepares bank reconciliations for various domestic and international bank accounts
- Prepares general ledger balance sheet account reconciliations in various currencies to be used for analysis, budgeting, forecasting, etc.
- Investigates historical balance sheet discrepancies
- Assists in the preparation of sales and use tax returns for multiple states
- Prepares and files firm VAT/GST returns for various jurisdictions
- Coordinates and prepares domestic and foreign year–end tax and audit reports
- Initiates and participates in various projects, as needed, including automation and process improvements; work with internal and external personnel to improve processes and procedures
- Assists with the maintenance of the chart of accounts
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Assists in budget review and analysis
Successful Candidates are detail oriented, efficient and have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast paced, high volume environment. Candidates should have well–developed Microsoft Office skills, including intermediate Excel proficiency and demonstrate the ability to problem solve and communicate with all levels of personnel. Candidates are required to have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; 2+ years of job related experience is preferred.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business services professionals in 20 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.