The UK SBS Change Directorate are seeking to recruit a Business Analyst to streamline the delivery of requirements and solutions to the various projects undertaken by UK SBS.
The purpose of the Business Analyst role is for the capture and documentation of high level and detailed requirements from both a business perspective and a technical viewpoint, and the production of robust functional designs and business processes to support custom development and application upgrades.
Within this role you will:
- lead the requirements gathering process for projects including planning and organising the work, engaging with clients and users, analysing and documenting the requirements and presenting findings to stakeholders and governance forums
- elicit requirements for custom development and enhancements using a variety of techniques including interviews, workshops, review and analysis of documentation and process descriptions, use cases, etc
- document requirements and functional specifications with a high degree of accuracy, ensuring end to end integrity and coherence of the deliverables
- produce Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, Use Cases, Screen Designs and other artefacts as required
- play a key role in feasibility studies including documentation and critical analysis of options from business, technical and commercial perspectives
- communicate information at the right level to drive decisions and actions including abstracting low–level detail and/or drilling into detail as appropriate
- perform gap analysis, business process mapping, & provide subject matter expertise
- document business objectives, system requirements, & logical design
- strong analytical skills required, including the ability to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
You must have a Business Analysis qualification along with knowledge of a variety of analysis techniques and strong analytical skills.
It is essential that you have experience implementing Shared Services processes.
You will have experience of providing business, technical and commercial analysis for large scale ERP Implementations.
Experience of working in an agile/SCRUM environment and mix of public and private sector experience would be beneficial.
What we offer
UK SBS offers a competitive salary, defined pension scheme and 28 days annual leave rising to 30 days within 3 years of service. Additional benefits include lifestyle and health care benefits, season ticket loans and possible learning and development opportunities.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to include a cover letter outlining their suitability for this role.
Applications are handled by UK Shared Business Services, please note, when you click apply you will be directed through to our TopCareers.jobs website where you will be asked to complete the application process.