剩余 1 天
Position: Staff Accountant
Reports To: Assistant Director of Finance
Salary Range: $51,248–$65,341
(1) Full–time and (1) Full–Time Temporary Assignment for Approximately 1.5–Years
The Staff Accountant works under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Finance and provides accounting and administrative support for the agency's financial activity. The Staff Accountant shall be responsible for analyses associated with the various operating accounts and grants received by the Transportation District Commission of Hampton Roads (TDCHR). The incumbent must meet multiple demands on a timely basis.
Essential Job Functions:
(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Provides accounting support for monthly closings, periodic reviews, and annual audits.
- Provides accounting support to ensure general ledger funds and financial reports are accurate.
- Records and maintains capital assets in the financial software.
- Prepares periodic invoices/bills to external grant funding agencies.
- Monitors and tracks capital expenditures to ensure fiscal compliance of grant contracts.
- Assists departments with financial assessments of grants projects.
- Assist with cash management by tracking cash balances and cash flow.
- Assists with compilation of routine and ad hoc reports as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT's EMS.
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT's Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan.
- Manages records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records management Policy and Procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
- Good understanding of the accounting concepts and principles related to fund accounting.
- Good problem–solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent time–management skills.
- Ability to independently prepare routine reports, presentations and correspondence with minimal guidance.
Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
MS Office suite programs including, PeopleSoft accounting modules, and reporting tools such as query, NVision and Crystal Reports.
Training and/or Education:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four–year college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, or other related field; previous experience in grant administration preferred; demonstration of adequate communication, microcomputer, and analytical skills required; must demonstrate effective oral and written communication.
Licenses or Certificates:
Virginia Driver's License
This position is classified as non–essential personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties may require some seasonal overtime.