Business Analyst - Capital Markets
Compass Analytics is an innovative FinTech company and leading provider of mortgage pricing and risk management analytics to financial institutions nationwide. Compass is actively seeking a Business Analyst – Capital Markets for its downtown San Francisco office. This is a key Business Analyst role which involves requirement gathering, specification, testing, data extraction and project status tracking for multiple projects related to Compass' pipeline risk management solutions.
- Understand why the product is being built, its audience and what problem it will solve
- Ensure new product features meet business requirements
- Ensure that the Development team works in conjunction with the stakeholder's perspective
- Understand the business, technology and process context in which a product delivers value
- In conjunction with the Product Manager, communicate with business sponsors, owners, users and application teams to understand their businesses
- Gather, analyze, extract and document business requirements of projects including use cases, data, function and quality requirements
- Gather, analyze, extract and document current status of our existing systems
- Participate in determining and documenting the project priorities and expectations
- Secure requirement sign–off from sponsors and key stakeholders
- Track and anticipate changes in project requirements
- Write new user stories, ensuring that acceptance criteria are met when code is complete
- Share insights throughout the company regarding the product
- Champion new product features, serving as a technical resource for their successful implementation
- Evaluate products from a user experience perspective to define requirements for how a prospective user interacts with the product
- 3+ years of experience working with capital markets
- 3+ years of experience in product management as a business analyst, product owner or product manager or in a product–related role within a development team
- Bachelor's degree in business management, marketing, computer science, information management systems or a closely related field
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem–solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to detail
WHAT'LL MAKE YOU SPECIAL:
- Familiarity with mortgage secondary market technology and workflow
- Familiarity with hedging mortgage pipelines, best execution and valuing mortgage servicing rights.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) training
- Strong background in usability and/or software development and architecture
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and much more
- Rapid knowledge base in mortgage capital markets
- Ability to change the technology used by the industry for capital markets.
Competitive base and bonus, 401(k) match, medical benefits, commuter benefit, paid lunches and a fun, challenging work environment.
ABOUT COMPASS ANALYTICS:
Compass provides cutting–edge analytics, real–time advisory and active risk management services to mortgage originators, bankers, traders and investors. Compass' platform is revolutionizing the way mortgages are priced and sold through the use of innovative real–time technology supported by client service, expertise, and guidance. Compass' suite of tools includes CompassPoint???, CompassPPE???, CompassBid???, CompassDirect???, and CompassCommit???. Compass is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in Washington DC, New York City Irvine, California and Appleton, Wisconsin. Visit our web site at for more information.
Compass Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. You can review our EEO Policy at