Sr. Business Analyst/Project Manager
The Sr. Business Analyst/Project Manager will drive product enhancements from inception through delivery. This role will determine enhancement needs from competitive analysis, customer advisory groups, QuikQ customer requests, regulatory requirements and feedback from QuikQ internal departments. The Sr. BA/PM will then be responsible for planning and managing IT projects of small, medium and significant complexity, including planning, execution, scheduling, definition of product functionality, and project development and tracking.
- Conduct in–house meetings with select customers and various internal subject matter experts.
- cipate in site visits to select customers to ensure improved work–flow and achievement of desired goals.
- Include customer activities, market trends, and regulatory changes (such as those from Federal/State governments and/or Sarbanes–Oxley, or Department of Transportation) to aid in setting strategic goals.
- Participate in necessary analysis of data to assist in customer issue troubleshooting.
- nt the proposed business concept and objectives or regulatory changes driving the need for an enhancement.
- Work with the management team (as needed) to define project scope and objectives.
- Work with the management team to review and prioritize enhancements based on user benefits, market demand, contracts or contract addendums, prior commitments and release schedules.
- Develop a business case and functional specifications for all enhancements to include detailed documentation and workflow of the business system and customer needs.
- Work with the Programming Department to develop technical specifications from the functional specifications and defined solution.
- Participate in the design, functionality, and behavior expected to ensure it satisfies the business case.
Communication and Training
- as a liaison between customers and the programming staff, distinguishing requests from business needs.
- Communicate product changes internally and externally (customers) as necessary in written and/or presentation form.
- Assist in the development of User Documentation and UI Help Screens to accompany the project.
- e project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business and company goals.
- Collaborate with business management, customers, and development teams to create a project plan, including the definition of completion criteria.
- Develop schedules, milestones, deliverables, and overall plans for projects. Determine the human resources – roles and skills – required to achieve project goals. Work with company managers for the identification/acquisition of required personnel to staff the project.
- Organize project work into manageable groups (project phases and work breakdown) and determine an effective approach for completing work. Ensure that appropriate timing, resources, and sequencing of the work efforts are aligned to produce the desired results within the project schedule.
Implementation & Leadership
- nicate a clear vision of the project's objectives and lead the project team in achieving them.
- Conduct comprehensive project status reviews of related projects. Communicate appropriate outcomes with company leaders, customers, and development team to provide timely and accurate information and status updates, along with issue and risk management within individual projects.
- Proactively identify risks and develop contingency plans. Identify issues and manage their timely resolution. Track risks and issues in appropriate repositories and ensure their visibility to the people required to resolve them. Escalate risks and issues as appropriate.
- Monitor overall project progress and manage any changes in project scope. Communicate scope changes appropriately and gain authorization for changes as required.
- Ensure that deliverables and documents are produced as required.
- Build, develop, and grow relationships important to the success of the project.
- Facilitate project post–closure reviews and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements. Analyze, document, and share lessons learned with other project managers. Analyze original estimate actual hours and duration, and understand factors that contributed to any variance. Complete project closure documentation and update relevant knowledge bases.
- Bachelor's degree in associated field of studies or comparable experience
- 10 years of experience
- Prior fuel card/payment processing experience preferred
- Transportation Management Systems software experience preferred
- Experience in both waterfall and Agile/Scrum project methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in team management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
- Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills that foster persuasion, encouragement, motivation, and inspiration; the ability to listen and understand.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to multi–task.
- Comfortable with working both independently and in a team–oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to think and act: decisiveness, assertiveness, with the ability to achieve results quickly.
- Results – oriented with an eye toward the end–goal and business results as the objective of our projects.
- Adaptable and flexible, with the ability to handle ambiguity and sometimes changing priorities.
- Ability to retain and protect confidential material.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proficient in project management software, such as MS Project.