Senior Business Analyst - Seattle
Why work for 3SI?
3SI is a mission–driven consulting firm headquartered in Seattle, WA. We help our clients–primarily non–governmental organizations, philanthropies, and government–use data and information to make better decisions and create positive change. We serve the child welfare, education, community building, environment, health, transportation, and workforce development sectors. We provide:
?? Research and analytics
?? Facilitation and stakeholder engagement
?? Planning and program evaluation
?? Data systems and organizational solutions.
We seek a Senior Consultant – Business Analyst who is mission driven and has experience identifying business needs and determining solutions to business problems. Successful recruits are smart, humble, and driven. They know how to adapt their knowledge, approach, and experience to a range of situations and circumstances. They want to contribute to making a positive impact. They always work to exceed expectations, and they have a fervent desire to keep learning and growing.
Diversity & Inclusion. 3SI is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. Social equity is a key premise of 3SI's work and we aspire to reflect that value in the composition of our team. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and people who identify as minority to apply for this position.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with expertise and experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
??? Please send resume and cover letter to .
As a Business Analyst, responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to ongoing development and maintenance of an analytical SQL server database.
- Designing, building, managing, modeling, and maintaining flexible data models from various sources, ensuring that these data sets can be used to analyze equity–based decisions and program outcomes.
- Working effectively with clients to develop a deep understanding of social issues and the populations being impacted by these issues; identifying data driven, inclusive strategies and analyses to drive change; and securing clients' buy–in for solutions and implementation plans.
- Producing professional, thorough, rigorous, and insightful analyses and strategic outputs, including program evaluations, program reports/dashboards of targets, briefing documents, etc., especially in PowerPoint, Word, and/or Tableau.
- Contributing to formal and informal presentations to diverse audiences from policy makers and funders to parents and advocates.
- Troubleshooting data–quality issues, validating result sets, recommending, and implementing process and performance improvements for data. Analyzing, synthesizing, and communicating complex data–related issues clearly and succinctly to both internal colleagues and external clients.
- Managing multiple assignments simultaneously; demonstrating initiative in taking on additional responsibilities when needed, including learning and applying new technological tools
- 3+ years of experience in Analytics, Data Architecture & Engineering, Business Intelligence, Solution & Enterprise Architecture and Systems Integration.
- Master's degree and/or experience in a consulting–related position preferred.
- Advanced SQL query skills required. ETL experience with Microsoft SQL Server experience preferred.
- 3+ years of development experience (SQL, Python, R, SAS, VBA, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience as a thought leader (writing, presenting, collaborating, etc.)
- Experience with emerging cloud platforms and development patterns (AWS, Azure, MapReduce, etc.)
- Experience with analytics platforms (Tableau, Microsoft SSRS, Power BI, IBM, etc.)
- Familiarity with some or all of the following disciplines: Machine Learning, Statistical Analysis, Predictive Modeling, Bayes Theorem
- Ability to quickly learn new technological tools.
- Python, GIS, and/or cloud (especially Azure) experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong consulting skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively both autonomously and in small teams in a highly fluid, fast–paced work environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to 3SI's core mission and values in serving our philanthropic, not–for–profit, and government clients and the diverse populations and communities they serve. Experience in education–related initiatives preferred.
- Self–motivator, who works hard and also has the capacity to not take oneself too seriously and have fun!