Are you experienced in providing 'hands–on' support in a project setting within a global programme of work? If so, our client, a global financial services firm are looking for a Finance Analyst who will provide support to a number of high profile programmes and workstreams within the business.
This is an initial 6 month contract based in Edinburgh.
- Experience of operating in a complex, global Programme environment
- Experienced in supporting strategic change programmes with Exec level sponsors
- Highly agile and adaptable to change, with the ability to deliver innovative and effective solutions at pace
- Experience in managing finances across multiple programmes and workstreams including cost management, budget building, reforecasting and supplier cost management
- Basic understanding of accounting guidelines for Change Programmes
- An Accountancy qualification would be beneficial
- Financial services experience would be advantageous
- Work with relevant Finance teams to set up, maintain and when appropriate, close cost centres and project codes across all finance systems (Oracle, CODA, Concur etc.)
- Raise Purchase Orders for programme activity, ensuring that evidence of approval for the spend is in place
- Process approvals for invoices and track spend against budget
- Validate month–end accruals and journals for the programme prior to submission
- Work with the FBP (Finance Business Partner) to Review and challenge Workstream Business Cases prior to submission into relevant governance forums
- Escalation of spend challenges as appropriate to the relevant governance bodies
- Provide input and feedback to colleagues working on Process Improvement of Financial processes as required
- Support the compilation and validation of monthly Financial reporting across the Programme and into the wider Business as required including:
- Produce monthly reports detailing workstream budget of costs to achieve versus actuals utilising data provided by Finance Business Partners (FBPs)
- Produce monthly reports detailing delivery of workstream Financial benefits of change initiatives against both Business Plan and Business Cases
Job reference: 11923
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core–Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core–Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users.
Core–Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.