Financial Controller - UK Mortgages & GovCo Div Centre
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed.
The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of Business Unit
Financial Control acts as a principal point of contact between the Finance Business Partner and Finance Services, takes lead responsibility in ensuring that the control environment around accounting processes is robust and that reporting delivery is timely and to high standards of accuracy.
This role is specifically in relation to the Retail UK Residential Mortgage book loan volumes of c£20bn and Divisional Centre.
With business partners based in Bristol, Belfast and London respectively. CBUK utilises many distribution channels in the UK the Post Office, AA partnership, Intermediaries and Northern Ireland branch network. Therefore this role will give an individual a variety of experience working in a vibrant and growing business in the UK.
Purpose of the Role
The UK Mortgages& GovCo Divisional Centre Financial Controller role entails leading a team of financial accountants to ensure that financial information is delivered on a timely basis and to high standards of accuracy. It involves working closely with the Finance Business Partner team to provide commercially insightful analysis of financial performance for senior stakeholders within the Group.
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of high quality financial and management reporting for business units and Group.
- Lead the business unit financial control team through the monthly and quarterly close process ensuring that underlying processes review and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice.
- Provide meaningful commercial commentaries/reports analysing business unit performance and present to senior stakeholders within the Division and Group.
- Support the delivery of the overall Group strategy and goals through the delivery of timely & accurate financial and management information
- Collaborate closely with colleagues across Finance and the business to understand business needs and deliver commercially-focused financial and analytical support as required.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to deliver process efficiencies and improvements.
- Responsibility for the delivery of subsidiary statutory financial statements/regulatory returns and facilitation of the audit process.
What is the Opportunity
- To work in an exciting and challenging part of Group Finance
- To lead and help develop a team of accountants
- To assist the Senior Financial Controller in driving efficiencies across the immediate and wider team
Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Qualified Accountant with3 + years post qualification experience and strong commercial capability & financial foresight;
- Strong business acumen with a questioning, open incisive intellect;
- A self-starter with the ability to plan, co-ordinate and deliver results in a reliable manner with minimum fuss;
- Strong networking skills, with the capability to establish and build excellent working relationships and the flexibility to operate effectively up and down in a matrix environment;
- Excellent stakeholder management and engagement skills with strong interpersonal impact and personal credibility;
- Must possess the ability to influence and promote collaboration to deliver business objectives with a proven history of leading successful teams;
- Excellent communication skills - with the ability to clearly deliver compelling, well-structured arguments, to articulate ideas, concepts and complex financial information;
- Ability to think and act from a BOI Group perspective as well as in direct support of the Business Unit;
- High energy, bias for action, drive for results, strong resilience and focus on execution excellence.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: May 30, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.