Finance Specialist- Tax and Accounting
Proudly Canadian and Independently Owned, We are Coke Canada.
We are a family business that unites more than 6,000 employees working together to support one another, our customers, consumers and our communities. Our heritage of manufacturing, marketing, selling, and distributing Coca-Cola brand products, and other allied brands in Canada runs more than 120-years deep!
We are the face of Coca-Cola and its Partner Brands to Canadians. We produce and deliver the beverages and experiences that delight them at every occasion in their life. We are the bottler for an entire nation with a vision and commitment to becoming “the greatest” in our industry.
About our People
We believe our people are the DNA of our organization. With an unwavering commitment to do their best every day, we also share values which define how we work:
- Safety First - For all of us safety is non-negotiable and must come first
- Integrity - We nurture trust and keep our word
- Accountability - we all take ownership and responsibility for our actions and the parts of the business that we impact
- Quality – we focus on quality in every aspect of our business. Our products refresh families across Canada, including our own, so we work to deliver the best for them, every time.
- Entrepreneurial – A mind set of being results focused, sharing improvements & innovations towards a better future
If you often find yourself saying “this can be done” or are often questioning “is there a better way?” then Coke Canada has opportunities that will encourage you and your teams to step forward. We offer a variety of opportunities that will enable you to develop your skills, challenge yourself and progress your career.
About This Opportunity
As a Finance specialist- Tax you will report into the Finance Manager- Tax and be based out of Toronto King St E location.
In this role you will be assisting in any or all of the facets of Finance including but not limited to Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Cash flow forecast, fixed assets accounting, Taxes. Strong communication and organization skills are required to connect with stakeholders across the organization.
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecast and monitor cash flow position.
- Prepare Journal Entries and account reconciliation report.
- Review accounting procedures and recommend improvements
- Prepare and manage property tax payment and budget.
- Work with consultants in all property tax matters and connect with various internal departments
- Prepare federal and provincial sales tax return
- Assist in Sales Tax Audit queries
- Manage sales tax and income tax audits.
- Engage in sales tax projects
- Perform month end closing activities.
- Address financial issues and inquiries in a timely manner
- other ad hoc projects
What you will need to succeed in this role
- 3+ years of experience in finance/accounting.
- Strong accounting background
- Knowledge of SAP is an asset
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and with a high level of attention to detail
- CPA accounting designation is preferred
Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited (“Coke Canada”) is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have a number of programs and policies in place to support this goal.
For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request. Should you require an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition Services team by calling 1-844-383-2653.
Coke Canada requires applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment with us is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.