Part time Bookkeeper
Clock off at 2:30pm everyday…
There are 165 firm-wide but you would be joining the 40 strong General Practice (GP) team, looking after your own portfolio of bookkeeping clients and working closely with all team members from Trainees to Partners.
This would see you stepping into a brand-new part time position, providing full bookkeeping services ranging from positing receipts and payments, reconciling bank accounts, posting supplier invoices up to preparing working papers (CCH) and taking the bookkeeping to Trial Balance.
We are guessing you just can’t beat that feeling when the numbers reconcile first time, or when you solve a Xero query a client just couldn’t get their head around. Believe us when we say, we get it.
You would be using your Xero knowledge on a daily basis as the vast majority of the clients are on Xero.
With work being allocated from our GP Managers and Partners you will be managing your own workload and juggling clients that require daily, weekly and monthly bookkeeping support.
If you are looking for a part time position you will want to know the hours and flexibility. As some of your clients require daily bookkeeping this role needs to cover Monday to Friday. Suggested hours are 9:30am- 2:30pm, although there is an element of flexibility on these.
As with any job we think there are a few things that would help you succeed from the start, these include:
- Experience in a similar Bookkeeping role where you have been creating working papers (we use CCH) and taking things to Trial Balance.
- Comfortable looking after more than one client, hopefully this means the conflicting deadlines won’t faze you and you can balance client demands
- Being Xero certified would be great as the vast majority of your clients will be on Xero and will be emailing/calling you with queries. Some work will be on QuickBooks, SAGE and KashFlow so experience with any of these would be great
- Getting excited by the detail, can you spot discrepancies easily?
- Being able to chat with everyone, from trainees in your team who need a little support with something they are working on to giving Xero support to clients
- Team player, sounds a bit cheesy but everyone in the General Practice team plays a part in the client journey
Employer Checklist, what you need to know about us
19 Partner, Top 50 City based Accountancy Practice – Tick
Recognised for staff development – Tick
Flexible benefits package – Tick
Study support available – Tick
Part time hours – Tick
Relaxed innovative culture (dress down, beer fridge, foosball table etc) – Tick
If this job sounds up your street but you don’t have a CV ready to go, contact our Recruitment Partner directly via LinkedIn (search Michelle Paoloni, House Recruitment). Failing that hit apply now to send your CV and we will be in touch within 7 working days.
This piece of recruitment for Carter Backer Winter LLP is being managed exclusively by House Recruitment and we do not welcome uninvited applications from agencies.