Accounts Assistant - Cloud Accounting
Do you get a warm fuzzy feeling when what you are working on reconciles first time?
No judging from us in the Cloud Accounting team, we get it, it’s what we do… that and get excited about tech, Xero and its ad-on partners in particular.
There are 165 firmwide but you would be joining our team, a 10 strong UK based Cloud Accounting function who do a great job at keeping all the plates spinning. You might be submitting client VAT returns, preparing Management Accounts, Annual Accounts or dealing with another Xero query from a client, but either way your experience will be fully utilised and there won’t ever be a dull moment.
Technology and automation have meant a change in approach, although your day to day would be typical Accounts Assistant duties, you would also be considered a ‘XeroHero’ (cape not compulsory).
Providing Xero support to clients who need to speak to someone they trust and more importantly someone like you who knows what they are doing! Queries on bank recs, reporting, corrections, XeroCIS module, Xero Project and day to day transactions. Throw in some study support if you need it and we are getting there.
Your experience of looking after a variety of clients wouldn’t go to waste, your portfolio would consist of around 30 clients all requiring different levels of support from low transaction quarterly bookkeeping and management accounts, to VAT, bookkeeping, monthly management accounts, payroll, annual accounts and basic Tax work!
Your work with be allocated via our Cloud Accounting Managers and a handful of Partners who still like to be hands on. We aren’t going to leave you to do this on your own, you would have the support of junior team members in the London office and the outsourced team, so the great news is it’s not all ‘doing’ you will be ‘reviewing’ work too.
As with any job we think there are a few things that would help you succeed from the start, these include:
- Experience in a similar Accounts Assistant role looking after more than one client, hopefully this means the conflicting deadlines won’t faze you and you can balance client demands
- Being Xero certified would mean you can deal with the broad client queries from the off, these will inevitably include ReceiptBank too
- An accountancy qualification (AAT, ACCA, CIMA, ACA) would go down well, but we are happy to roll our sleeves up and support your development with study support
- You get excited by a good Excel spreadsheet and love working your magic with formulas, V-Look Up and all the other mastery Excel is capable of
- Being able to chat with everyone, from demanding clients and trainees in your team who need a little support with something they are working on to giving clear instructions to the outsourcing team
- Team player. Sounds a bit cheesy but within the Cloud Accounting team everyone plays a part in the client journey
Employer Checklist, what you need to know about us
19 Partner, Top 50 City based Accountancy Practice – Tick
Recognised for staff development – Tick
Flexible benefits package – Tick
Study support available – Tick
Flexible working hours – Tick
Relaxed innovative culture (dress down, beer fridge, foosball table etc) – Tick
If this job sounds up your street but you don’t have a CV ready to go, contact our Recruitment Partner directly via LinkedIn (search Michelle Paoloni, House Recruitment). Failing that hit apply now to send your CV and we will be in touch within 7 working days.
This piece of recruitment for Carter Backer Winter LLP is being managed exclusively by House Recruitment and we do not welcome uninvited applications from agencies.