Regulatory Assessors (Part of ACCA’s Disciplinary and Regulatory Process)
ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) is the global body for professional accountants. ACCA’s aim is to achieve and promote the highest professional, ethical and governance standards and to advance the public interest.
ACCA is seeking applications from qualified accountants with specialist skills in statutory audit to act as regulatory assessors.
- Work within the legal framework of ACCA’s disciplinary and regulatory functions and Rulebook
- The analysis of complex information to deliver well-reasoned decisions
- Clear and objective articulation and drafting of decisions
- Apply accountancy experience and in particular in-depth knowledge of auditing standards
- Act with integrity and discretion.
Regulatory assessors typically do not operate as part of a committee and are required to make decisions in isolation.Cases usually involve considering the findings of unsatisfactory monitoring visits and assessors make decisions, in accordance with certain delegated powers, based on the monitoring visit report, the response of the firm and associated correspondence
- Regulatory assessors are paid according to the time required by each case (within agreed performance criteria), equivalent to £400 per day (including VAT)
The number of cases for consideration by regulatory assessors cannot be predicted with certainty and are therefore referred by ACCA on an ad hoc basis.
For further information, including a Q&A with current panel members, please visit www.accaglobal.com/panelrecruitment
Closing date: 12pm (noon) 30 April 2019
Interviews: between 17 June and 9 July 2019
Induction process (for successful candidates): September (date to be confirmed)
Tel: 020 7059 5925 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org