An exciting opportunity has been created for a Financial Controller to join a start-up technology business in London experiencing over 100% YoY growth. The role will build out a finance function, implement processes, controls, and systems, and operate internationally.
My client is a start-up technology business already operating internationally with a strong presence in the US, UK, and Australia. With strong software partnerships and a growing blue chip client base they have experienced in excess of 100% YoY growth and have a strong sales pipeline. They boast strong parent company backing and are ultimately targeting growth towards an IPO.
In line with their recent growth the CEO is now recruiting for a Financial Controller to be based in the central London office. You will lead two assistant accountants (based overseas) and work on developing the reporting to add value to the business. Your key responsibilities will be:
- To accurately manage all software billing (subscriptions, renewals, consulting services, etc.);
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and develop KPI reporting for the business;
- Lead on monthly balance sheet reconciliations with a particular focus on deferred revenue;
- Deliver of quarterly commissions calculations based on sales and utilisation rates;
- Support year end reporting and liaise with auditors as required;
- Undertake other ad hoc reporting and analysis as required (e.g. systems development, board pack design, etc.)
As a strong applicant for this Financial Controller role you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA);
- Demonstrate a strong background in managing monthly reporting;
- Possess previous exposure to a SAAS environment with a clear understanding of licensing, subscription, and consulting revenue reporting;
- Be comfortable working with senior management and developing strong stakeholder relationships;
- Have a hands-on approach and be comfortable leading on transactional tasks as required in an evolving company.
The offer to the successful candidate will be £65,000-£75,000 depending on experience + benefits.