Financial Analyst Specialist - APMC Finance Support - Full T
Financial Analyst Specialist – APMC Finance Support – Full Time 1st Shift – req6052
Arnold Palmer Hospital is a 158–bed pediatric hospital facility located in Orlando, Florida, United States. The hospital is part of Employer and is supported by the Arnold Palmer Medical Center Foundation. Arnold Palmer Hospital is the first facility in Central Florida to provide emergency care exclusively for pediatrics. The Bert Martins Champions for Children Emergency Department & Trauma Center is part of the areas only Level 1 Trauma Center. Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children provides a full range of services to meet the unique physical, emotional and developmental needs of children.
U.S. News & World Report has ranked Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children in its 2 Best Childrens Hospitals rankings for the eighth consecutive year.
The Financial Analyst Specialist conducts quantitative analysis of financial data.
Bachelor degree in Business Administration with a major in Accounting or Finance.
- Two (2) years healthcare experience is required.
- Extensive PC experience with Excel is required.
- Performs financial analysis and other financial information as requested by Department Managers and Administration utilizing multiple computer systems.
- Develops the capital budget and a case–based operating budget together with the supporting documents for distribution to the departments and/or physician practices.
- Provides historical statistical trend analysis and makes formal projections of information using forecasting and modeling assumptions.
- Obtains information from and prepares information for Employer or other sources (Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA), VHA, FHA, etc.).
- Collects, inventories, and analyzes due diligence for physician practices and other acquisition targets.
- May monitor and analyze claims data for accountable care related initiatives, both for the Medicare ACO and payers.
- May perform contract modeling for accountable care initiatives for managed care payers.
- Serves on tasks forces/committees and provides financial information.
- Provides staff education.
- Maintains chart of accounts.
- Maintains cost file in CCA to insure that accurate cost and reimbursement information is reported.
- Performs daily and monthly backup of all pertinent information.