Assistant Management Accountant
Classic Assistant Management Accountant role, delivering day to day and month end bank accounting and processes for the business, as well as supporting with project work, acquisitions, system implementations and ad-hoc reporting.
My client is a large, well known finance function, based in a highly commutable location near Keynsham train station.
The key responsibilities of the Assistant Management Accountant will include, but not be limited to;
- Rolling and posting Bank accounts on a daily basis.
- Delivering fully reconciled Bank Recs for all bank accounts to deadline on a monthly basis.
- Banking acquisitions tasks.
- Timely and accurate setup and payment of all payment runs to deadline, including rent and pre-completion payments for acquisitions.
- Requesting DD References for all new DD set ups and unknown DD payments taken for all business units.
- Timely and accurate set up and payment of all client refund requests
- Timely banking of all cheques received
- Delivering our SLA with our surgeries on the Banking Inbox, including ensuring all queries are responded to within 24 hours and all queries are resolved within 3 working days
- Delivering Banking acquisitions tasks to deadline for allocated surgeries, including opening an external bank account, ordering cheque and paying-in books, card machines and credit cards as appropriate for each new surgery and/or surgery group, obtaining the list of existing SOs from the integration team and ensuring they are successfully transferred, sending out client BACs letters, timely and accurate completion and delivery of new bank mandates, tidying up and closing all Non current bank accounts
- Covering for colleagues in their absence
- Dealing with internal and external queries and ensuring any banking process issues are picked up and resolved
- Being proactive in issue identification and resolution
- Any other tasks as directed
The successful candidate for the role of Assistant Management Accountant will be;
- AAT Qualified (or similar)
- Able to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Confident of dealing with a high volume workload
- Clear and confident communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent IT skills - including intermediate Excel
- A questioning mind, constantly looking for where improvements can be made
- Flexible approach to work
- A strong team ethic
- Experience of Open Accounts would be an advantage
- Interested in studying towards CIMA (or similar), if not started already
In return, my client can offer an excellent salary of circa £26,000, initially on a fixed term basis, with a strong chance of becoming permanent. Once permanent, you would also receive study support.