Rewards and benefits
You’ll receive a wealth of opportunities, benefits, programmes and policies to help you achieve success in all elements of your life, and to recognise and reward the value you bring to our business. And on top of developing your career, we pay attention to the way you work, your compensation, and your benefits.
- EY Arts benefits - Enjoy private views, workshops, lunchtime talks, volunteering opportunities and complimentary tickets to sought-after exhibitions. Find out more about the EY Arts Programme.
- Volunteering entitlement - Volunteering is a great way to develop your skills, build your networks, enjoy new experiences and have a positive impact on society. At EY, we give you a minimum of two days paid leave each year to volunteer with your chosen charity or with the EY Foundation, an independent UK registered charity which aims to make the biggest difference to the lives of young people and social entrepreneurs in the UK. Find out more about the range of volunteering opportunities available with the EY Foundation.
Your work lifestyle
Working at EY is challenging and stimulating — your day-to-day work is complex and multi-faceted and it requires you to push the boundaries of your capabilities. As part of a high-performing team, we want you to be able to work in a way that delivers exceptional service to your clients while maintaining your own wellbeing. As well as the benefits listed further down, we have a number of policies to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Flexible working. We offer formal and informal flexible working arrangements, including options to work from home, reduce your hours, or flex your start and finish times. We provide the tools and technology you need to work flexibly and meet the commitments you make to clients, to your family and to your community.
- Family leave including maternity, adoption, surrogacy, paternity, and shared parental leave of up to 52 weeks. We aim to provide the same enhancements to employees taking paternity leave and shared parental leave to those taking maternity, surrogacy or adoption leave. If you qualify for statutory pay for any family leave as a result of the same pregnancy or adoption, we will top this up for up to 39 weeks with 6 weeks at full pay and 33 weeks at half-pay.
- Career and Family coaching for all individuals taking family leave.
- Special leave. Time off work when you need it most.
We believe that our people should be rewarded competitively for the contributions they make. We know our total cash package is competitive, we carry out annual market research on reward, and we check that at all stages of the salary review process that we have a fair and consistent approach.
In addition to your career development, your work lifestyle and your compensation, we pride ourselves in providing a range of other traditional employee benefits, such as:
- Formal recognition through "Better begins with you" awards, along with local individual and team awards
- Pension: up to 6% employer matched contributions
- Private healthcare: provided for managers and above or those with five years’ service
- Bikes for Work
- Discounted gym membership
- Season ticket loan
And there are a few benefits you might not find at other employers:
- Monthly webinars on a range of physical and mental health topics, Mental Health First Aid training and a clear pathway for treatment via our "HealthEY" programme, to help you manage all aspects of your physical and mental health, and wellbeing.
- "You + money =" - educational guidance and tools to help manage your finances as well as benefits such as a workplace loan
- UK & Ireland referral bonus: refer a contact to EY and you could earn a referral bonus of up to £10,000!
- Up to 27 days annual leave with the option to buy and sell
- Free health assessment for employees aged 35 and over, and wellbeing kiosks available to all employees
- Free online health assessment and a 24/7 free and confidential counselling service for you and your family
- Occupational health, health and safety and rehabilitation consultants
- Physiotherapy: rapid access to advice and treatment
- Discretionary sick pay for up to 52 weeks
- Car cash allowance for managers and above
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme
- Income protection (prolonged disability) insurance
- Life insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Dental insurance
- Personal accident insurance
- Financial planning / Workplace ISA
- Sports Teams
- Graduate Interest Free Loan
- Annual travel insurance
- Carbon offsetting
- Tax Return preparation
- Will writing
- Free eyesight testing
- Lifestyle discounts