Lead Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Finance Chief Data Office is a newly formed team to establish the data governance framework across Finance. The team partners with the Data Strategy and Digital groups to execute the data disciplines. We supports data consumers to drive data quality across Finance functions, including accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, CFO teams and corporate treasury. We aim to provide transparency of our data asset and actively manage the asset to contribute to the fulfilment of regulatory requirements and creation of operational efficiency. The CDO function plays a critical role in the transformation of the organization by connecting data, technology, processes and controls.
Data Quality analysis is one of the core capabilities of the Finance CDO team. This staff position is expected to work with large dataset and support the organization to improve the six data quality dimensions through the following activities:
- Identify data sourcing requirements and data quality business rules with domain SMEs (Data Champions)
- Analyze and query the data to refine the rules and establish procedures and workflows
- Automate the data quality issue detection process
- Perform root cause analysis for data quality errors, research and determine scope and complexity of issues and identify the steps for remediation
- Coordinate remediation with relevant teams (Sources, Technology, Business, Finance, etc.)
- Determine business impact level for the data quality issues
- Quantify materiality for proper escalations
- Customize and enhance data quality dashboard based on stakeholder requests
- Measuring and reporting to management on the progress of data quality improvement
- Identify areas of business process improvement and make recommendations for long-term solutions
- Monitor the Finance CDO mailbox and direct the mailbox as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for data quality issues and data requests across Finance
- Consolidate all issues and perform initial triage
- Assign the data quality issues and requests to proper data analysts and data modelers on the CDO team
- Report and monitor the progress of remediation
- Provide guidance to junior team members
The staff member will be expected to cultivate relationships with staff or contractors in: Technology, Data Strategy, Data Operations, Finance and Corporate Treasury to ensure efficient identification, collection, and use of data along with the management of the associated data governances processes.
Job Grade: K
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Degree in math, engineering, statistics, computational finance or economics preferred.
- Work toward or completion of MBA, CFA, or CPA/CA preferred.
- Eight to Ten years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience with finance data set and process: Balance Sheet, P&L, Consolidations, Client Product Profitability, liquidity analytics and reporting, interest rate risk management, asset-liability management, regulatory reporting, is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the structuring of data environments and applications that use big data processes is a preferred.
- Some experience with Business Intelligence data management and visualization applications specific to Hadoop big data and the ability to use SQL/Hive and other computer languages used in big data for analysis and structuring is preferred.
- Competency with some leading data profiling tools (such as SQL, BI tools, etc.)
- Experience with issue management systems
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.