A newly created position within a division of a truly global business. The role will form a small, hands-on finance team, reporting directly into the CFO.
Based in Congleton and once family owned, my client are now a division of a global engineering business, producing industry leading components for global brands.
Financial Controller Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of the finance team.
- Oversee all Financial Reporting to ensure robust, accurate, timely submission of data.
- Establish, monitor and enforce finance policies and procedures, including regular testing, to ensure the business is compliant with all documented business risks and controls assessments; protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls; monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting regular audits.
- Oversee the production of all reported financial data including Group reporting requirements; drive efficiency and accuracy into these processes.
- Assist the CFO in the production of forecasts and annual budgets
- Overseeing the Capital Expenditure approval process.
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement to ensure financial routines are completed in an efficient, controlled and timely manner.
- Provide financial analysis and advice by interpreting results and creating and writing reports.
- Production and submission of additional reporting requirements (VAT, EC Sales, Intrastat, National Statistics and any ad0hoc requirements)
- Completion of additional work streams for review by CFO (corporate tax, R&D, Insurance renewals).
- Provide guidance to the Accounts team and other departments on financial matters.
- Work with the IT team to improve EFCAS functionality and to correct any errors in the underlying data.
- Maintenance of the chart of accounts to ensure its integrity and it is fit for purpose.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Track record of running a finance function
- Proficient in MS Query
- Advanced Excel user
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Organisation and planning skills
- Time management
- Positive and forward thinking individual
- Ability to build relationships at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Professional, Proactive and Dynamic
- Commercial awareness
A competitive salary, career progression and flexible working