International Tax Services Manager, Tax, Singapore
Thanks for your interest in the International Tax Services Manager, Tax, Singapore position. Unfortunately, the link which you have accessed is no longer active. Please CLICK HERE to return to the EY Global careers site and use keywords to search for this job as it still might be active, or you can also review our similar listings and apply.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll spend most of your time contributing to building and maintaining key client relationships by delivering exceptional client services - managing the successful delivery of international tax services engagements, taking a professional, practical and commercial approach and ensuring technical excellence. We’ll also look to you for identifying and driving opportunities, developing winning proposals and managing projects with inputs from various teams from different offices. Whatever you find yourself doing, you’ll personally coach and develop a highly trained team, all while handling activities with a focus on quality and commercial value.
Skills and attributes for success
- Manage cross-border tax advisory projects, including corporate restructuring and holding company review projects with a global focus (both inbound into and outbound from Asia).
- Handle complex cross-border supply chain projects for global MNCs and Singapore corporates.
- Review and identify tax issues such as the taxation of foreign income, tax treaty interpretations, permanent establishment and withholding tax implications.
- Supervise high-performing teams and sharing your experience and knowledge of leading-practices
- Constantly develop your own knowledge; maintain your status as a trusted advisor by monitoring emerging trends, technologies and practices
- Broaden your exposure to the tax regimes of Asia Pacific countries, the US and common holding company jurisdictions in Europe
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in finance, law or accounting; a CPA or similar certification
- At least 6 years of relevant tax experience
- Prior experience and working knowledge/familiarity with Singapore taxation
- Ability to build strong client relationships and committed to delivery of exceptional client service
- Ability to communicate complex tax and industry concepts to clients through exceptional writing and communication skills
- Great attitude to learn and improve
- Project management skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Ability to think out of box, solve problems creatively and pragmatically
- Ability to work in a fast paced professional services environment
- Experience in managing budgets and projects
- Strong team player mentality
- Ability to mentor and motivate the younger team members
Ideally, you also have
- Experience with a focus on international tax in another international accounting/consulting firm
- Accreditation by SIATP
- Ability to work in multicultural teams
- Proven track record in managing large client portfolio for both MNCs and local enterprises
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.