Accountant III - Richardson
BASIC FUNCTION: This position is responsible for overseeing and reviewing BlueCard and Away from Home Care settlements, balancing, account reconciliations, journal entries, and rate reconciliations. Serving as subject matter expert for system, process, and people issues with respect to BlueCard and Away from Home Care. Supervising system testing. Performs inter–divisional and vendor reconciliations related to Bluecard. Training department personnel, identifying and implementing process improvements, and supporting audits by collecting and explaining requested information.
* College degree in a business or Accounting and 3 years of accounting experience or 7 years accounting experience, including general ledger account reconciliation.
* Knowledge of General Accounting fundamentals, i.e., internal controls, journal entries and account reconciliation.
* MS Word, Excel.
* Analytical skills.
* Clear, concise oral and written communication, with good grammar and word choice, matched to the audience.
* Self motivated/self starter.
* Detail oriented.
* Knowledge of the various BCBS national account processes, i.e., BlueCard, Control/Par, and Away from Home Care.
* MS Access.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug–free and smoke–free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.