Accountant- Canton, MI - CRH
Job ID: 160747
Michigan Paving and Materials, a vertically integrated CRH company, energetically drives to continually be a leader in our markets in quality construction materials and value added services by employing innovative techniques and customer–centric practices. We believe that our employees are the reason for our success and we focus on their development and advancement opportunities as well as attracting new talent to our organization. We encourage you to learn more by visiting , or our parent company at
We are currently seeking candidates for an open Accountant position for our company headquarters located in Canton, MI. This position will perform professional level accounting work in the maintenance and review of fiscal records. The position requires considerable knowledge of basic accounting principles and accounting functions. This individual is responsible for the general ledger, job cost. Additional responsibilities include performing monthly closings, maintenance of accounting files, and preparation/organization of various financial forms, reports, and financial analyses, etc. This individual may be asked to assist with ad–hoc projects and general office support tasks when necessary. These responsibilities and tasks will be coordinated with and supervised by the Controller or Assistant Controller.
- Must have considerable knowledge with basic accounting principles (i.e. journal entries, debits, credits, etc.) and accounting functions. Job cost and construction experience is a plus for this position.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision.
- Ability to access and accurately input information.
- Ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting deadlines.
- Willingness to learn the business and interact with divisions/operations.
- Must adhere to 3 company pillars – safety, quality, and integrity.
- Ability to communicate competently and professionally, both written and verbal.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Assist with producing monthly financial projections and yearly budgets.
- Perform monthly close and related journal entries, which lead to the production of monthly financial statements.
- Monthly review of job cost activity ensuring consistent and proper coding.
- Work on one of several areas of the business such as taxes, fixed assets, banking, etc.
- Support divisions/operations and demonstrate ability to provide quality customer service.
- Graduation from an accredited four–year college or university with a major in the field of accounting or finance.
- Background in construction accounting a plus but not required.
- Must have four plus years of experience
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook applications.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Michigan Paving and Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability––If you want to know more, please click on this link .