COLORADO SPRINGS PHILHARMONIC
Job Title: Full–time Controller
Reports To: President and CEO
We are seeking someone who is motivated and is enthusiastic about supporting the mission of the Philharmonic. This is a full–time position working on–site in the Colorado Springs office, along with attendance at some concerts, so evening and or weekend work may be required.
The Controller reports directly to the President and CEO and is a member of the senior management team of the Colorado Springs Philharmonic. The Controller will lead all efforts of financial administration, business planning and budgeting. The individual in this position will be responsible for analyzing financial information and preparing financial reports to maintain a record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within the organization. The Controller will oversee the organization's financial planning and accounting practices, a part–time bookkeeper, as well as its relationship with lending institutions, Board of Directors, and the senior management team.
- Analyzes, consolidates, and directs all cost/grant accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports.
- Approve and initiate bank transfers, stop payments, ACH release, etc.
- Oversees and directs budgeting, accounting policies and procedures, purchasing, long range forecasting, and insurance activities for the organization; recommend and develop financial policies, procedures and systems to meet organizational objectives
- Provide strategic recommendations to the President and CEO and board of directors based on financial analysis of projections, cost identification and allocation and revenue/expense analysis, cash flow analysis for short–term investments
- Update and manage monthly revenue spreadsheets and analyze cost allocations
- Review and approve bi–monthly payroll prior to release
- HR functions to include oversite of employee benefits, including insurance and renewals
- Annual review of all organizational insurances and compliance
- Knowledge in database systems preferred, but not required
- Finalize monthly closing of the financials, monthly management reports and other supplemental information
- Oversee compliance with collective bargaining agreement and instrument insurance
- Annual reports to outside entities
- Maintain journal entries as needed
- Provide guidance and supervision to the bookkeeper
- Oversees and directs the preparation and issuance of annual audit and tax return
- Schedule and monitor audit process
- Prepare and examine accounting records and reports to assess accuracy and completeness.
- Update and maintain accounting records as needed
- Provide backup support for bookkeeper as needed
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Current CPA license or master's degree in Accounting, preferred
- Minimum 5 years of Controller experience in nonprofit accrual accounting
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, control and reporting
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Positive and solution–focused with demonstrated problem–solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi–task
WORK ENVIORNMENT/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Role is primarily sedentary
- May require lifting of up to 20lbs
?? Submit cover letter and resume to
?? Salary negotiated based on experience.