The controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of our Companies. This position includes the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or standards of our Companies.
The scope of the controller position is also responsible for cash management and risk management as it relates to advising the owners so proper financial decision making can take place. Reports directly to the owners.
1. Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
2. Manage outsourced functions
3. Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
4. Oversee the accounting operations especially their control systems, transaction–processing operations, and policies and procedures
1. Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
2. Ensure that all credits, discount deals and co–ops are taken on accounts payable appropriately and tracked
3. Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
4. Process payroll in a timely manner
5. Ensure that periodic bank, loan, credit card and any other account reconciliations are completed and correct DAILY, WEEKLY or MONTHLY as required
6. Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis and accounts reconciled against statements of open account balances
7. Maintain the chart of accounts
8. Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
9. Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
1. Issue timely and complete financial statements to the owners and company CPA's
2. Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual financial report, documentation and files to the CPA for tax returns to be prepared against
3. Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
4. Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics if requested
5. Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts when requested
6. Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
7. Provide for a system of management cost reports
Salary DOE: $65,000–$72,000/annual
1. Coordinate the provision of information to external service providers for Sales Tax & Use Tax compliance, local compliance, insurance coverage, etc.
2. Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants, if applicable
3. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings including quarterly reporting for payroll and any other reporting necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance 5+ years experience in the area
- Preference will be given to candidates with qualified accounting degree's, training, certifications or designations.
- Must know QuickBooks and have worked with the program for 5+ years.
- Must have payroll, sales tax, compliance and HR experience.
- Understanding of US GAAP
Working Conditions: Office environment. Casual. Hours are Monday – Friday, excluding national holidays from 8am – 4pm.