ACS System Associates Inc. is currently seeking Seasoned Construction Controller to become an integral part of our team! Candidate should have a strong leadership ability and hand on detail experiences plus strong cost accounting skill for an Assistant Controller position. Successful candidates will have their Bachelor's Degree in either finance or accounting with 10+ years construction and development industry and Property Management experiences. Expert level experience in Excel is required. You will have an opportunity to work with talented staff, and to be a part of one of the fastest growing and most critical segments at ACS.
- Work independently. Assist to oversee and supervise the accounting team
- Report to controller directly, work with developer department and project team
- Have strong experiences in Property Management and Construction Management field. Familiar with GC, CM & CCIP type of projects in construction.
- Analysis budgets/costs/Expenses for the property, experiences in Property Management
- Prepare monthly draws and requisitions package to the bank and the owner. Verify the consistency of prior month project–to–date totals with current month opening balance. Follow up to ensure payment from owner is on time
- Oversee and coordinate all financial activities and personnel
- Set controls and budgets to mitigate risk and increase return on investments
- Standardize and maintain a system of accounting records and techniques
- Conduct internal audits to assess financial status
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
- Serve as primary contact for external auditors
- Previous experience in accounting management or other related fields
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline and detail–oriented
- Minimum of 10 years' related asset manager or project accounting experiences; or construction industry accounting experience is must
- Competitive salary
- Medical and dental benefits.
- 401k retirement plan.
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time.