Associate/Senior Associate - Mergers & Acquisitions, Transaction Advisory Services, Singapore
Our Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimising, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within TAS include Mergers and Acquisition Services, Project Finance, Restructuring Services, Operational Transaction Services, Transaction Support, Transaction Tax, and Valuation and Business Modelling.
Leveraging an extensive global network, our M&A team provides sector-focused advice on the sale process from strategic positioning to close, and we help execute acquisitions, alliances and mergers. As part of this team you may also advise C-suite executives and boards on evaluating strategic alternatives in the context of transactions.
Ernst & Young Corporate Finance Pte Ltd has been licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore as a capital markets services provider of corporate finance advisory services since 2001.
As a licensed capital markets services adviser, EY Corporate Finance offers an extensive suite of services, including:
- Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory
- Capital Markets Advisory
- Regulatory Compliance and General Advisory
We are seeking to build on recent successes and continue to grow the origination and execution capacity of the team through the recruitment of an M&A professional in our Mid-Markets team.
Your key responsibilities
- Be a key part of our dynamic corporate finance team covering the South East Asia working with regional and multinational clients
- Be responsible for M&A deal generation, execution and project management under the overall guidance of senior executives within the team
- Independently prepare financial models, analysis, proposals, marketing documents for M&A and corporate finance transactions
- Production of high quality, relevant and impactful professional documents for Maintaining client confidentiality and handling sensitive information with discretion
- Develop your own business network with a view to increasing your origination capabilities over the medium term
- Provide leadership to junior team members producing information memoranda, financial models and other transaction documentation
Skills and attributes for success
- Able to consistently work to tight deadlines and work effectively in a team
- Advise companies regarding strategic and corporate finance alternatives
- Committed to business development and able to identify opportunities to deliver the best value
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management, focus on deliverables, prioritize multiple tasks, and manage the budget
- Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Recognised Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Banking
- Must have at least 3+ years of relevant corporate finance working experience in an Investment Bank, Corporate Finance firm or Boutique firm
- Strong financial modelling skills based on a well-developed understanding of financial statements.
- Experience in valuing companies using various methodologies, mainly DCF, precedent transactions and traded comparable companies.
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to supporting your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills and talents as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.