Business Insights and Reporting Analyst, Sydney CBD
Business Insights and Reporting Analyst
SBB Strategy & Operations
Sydney CBD Location
Business & Private Bank (B&PB) offer a wide range of services and solutions to our small to medium, enterprise customers and our regional and agribusiness customers.
We also take care of our personal and institutional online trading customers and our premium personal Private Banking customers.
The Business Development Risk and Operations Team provide risk advisory, planning and management information, and call monitoring to SBB.
The Business Insights and Planning team supports SBB by providing rostering, scheduling, reporting and analytics services across BBS. This team ensures that resources are appropriately balanced across our multiple functions, while providing management information and insights.
Your Impact & Contribution
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Workforce Performance and Reporting, your role is responsible for developing, maintaining and reporting on key business outcomes and performance, and providing leaders with value-adding proactive insights on their portfolios and customers leading to improved results.
This role is focused on providing reporting and analytical support to our clients. Reliability and outstanding delivery are the cornerstones of expectations. This individual is involved in partnering with the business to produce comprehensive management reporting using enhance visualisation techniques that provide insight into business performance that will support continuous improvement.
This will involve understanding requirements and designing analytical solutions and providing compelling and actionable dashboards and scorecards across financial, customer, product and industry data.
The Principle responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Develop advanced analytics/modeling to drive performance
- Develop and track performance metrics to monitor, measure, and report on operational performance
- Support the design, development and communication of key scorecards and dashboards for leaders/frontline
- Proactively identify opportunities for business optimization based on performance indicators
- Make recommendations and define data strategies that solve critical issues
- Support internal clients with requirements definition, project scope, and report planning
- Compile information from multiple sources, understand key performance indicators, trends and patterns
- Generate comprehensive reports and perform regular and ad-hoc analysis
- Deliver actionable business insights and solutions based on thorough data analysis
- Mine databases to produce actionable information to determine processes and trends that impact our customers, providers, and stakeholders
- Provision of business insights and analytical skills to support strategic, tactical and aspirational targets
- Subject matter expertise for data and report enquiries from the greater business
- Research, analyze and undertake ah-hoc analytics as required.
- Provide advanced speech analytics guidance to the business for the development, design, and implementation of data initiatives
- Monitor/research speech analytics opportunities and use trends to address current and emerging issues
- Completion of any other task assigned by the manager which the team member is competent to perform and which can be done safely
- Support and drive initiatives that enhance quality and improve productivity
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access and database skills (e.g. Teradata SQL)
- Advanced SQL and ability to mine big data , providing analytics & insights (e.g. Tableau)
- Core competencies of managing time, meeting deadlines, solutions focused and engaging with stakeholders essential
- Speech analytics skills
- Previous experience in reporting and working with big data is essential
- Demonstrated experience effecting business change through insight reporting
- Completion of business related undergraduate degree
- Financial Services experience, in a business analysis/data analysis related discipline
If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities. Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
Applications close: 24 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.