Business Analyst (SAP Manufacturing)
Responsible for gathering business requirements and developing high–level approach to solution and services to fulfill those requirements on large departmental or mid–sized corporate projects. Act as primary liaison between line of business representatives and Information Services. Responsible for development of process maps, use cases and testing plans. Requires deep understanding of how the business operates as well as the software that enables business processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Anticipates issues and problems and proactively defines risk mitigation measures.
• Highly capable of developing communication plans with project stakeholders, sponsors and leadership and governing groups.
• Possesses basic negotiating skills and exercises those skills in procurement of resources, negotiation of scope and process boundaries with the line of business.
• Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions
• Interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and identifies solutions to nonstandard requests
• Works with the line of business to develop and document solution requirements, develops and coordinates test plans
• Demonstrates ability to determine actual needs vs. expressed desires
• Works on projects with significant resource requirements, risk and/or complexity
• Balances costs and resources vs. scope and requirements for large and complex projects
• Identifies and escalates issues to Project Manager after attempting to resolve with the line of business
• Actively maintains a network of contacts/ colleagues across functional and geographic boundaries, sharing information, ideas and best practices
• Recognizes value of collaboration and is able to effectively leverage different opinions and experiences to solve problems and accomplish tasks/goals, always working towards the task at hand
• Contributes to the evolution and/or development of Swagelok project management methodologies and business analysis tools.
• Contributes to enterprise business process improvement
• Recognized as an expert in project planning, requirements gathering, software configuration, process mapping, preparing functional specifications, software testing and project knowledge capture.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Education: Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience required.
• 5+ years of leading large departmental or mid–size corporate projects
• Able to facilitate and effectively present to all levels of management
• Has developed in–depth conceptual and practical expertise in business analysis
• Deep business and process knowledge
• Possesses basic negotiating skills
• Think linear as well as lateral to identify wide ranging functional impacts to changes made to applications and/or ERP functionality
• Excellent verbal and written skills to articulate solution options and recommendations
SAP Production Planning (PP)
SAP Quality Management (QM)
SAP Enterprise Asset Management (EAM)
SAP Manufacturing Execution (ME)
SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence (MII)
Nice to have (only) as these are ITR not MTC:
VC, BOM, Material Master, Engineering Change, Document Management
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.