Senior Property Accountant
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Accountant to join our team in Arlington, VA. As the Senior Accountant, you will record, verify, consolidate, and enter transactions in a "full–cycle" accounting environment for a portfolio of multi–family properties.
What you will be doing:
- Prepare monthly financial statements and analysis for multiple properties and projects.
- Calculate appropriate accruals, record journal entries, reconcile bank statements and complete other related tasks.
- Oversee the accounts payable transactions and postings.
- Maintain account balances and bank statements.
- Manage general ledger and assist month–end/year–end close processes
- Monitor a properties liquidity position and prepare cash position reports.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual accounting reports.
- Assist Property and Regional Managers with the budget process.
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field; Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred.
- Minimum of five years general ledger and accounts payable experience as an accountant, or accounting supervisor.
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products, with emphasis on Microsoft Excel. Direct working experience with accounting enterprise software packages including AMSI, YARDI, and MRI, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, standards, and through knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and accounting control principles.
The benefits you will receive working at Paradigm (upon eligibility):
- Comprehensive Medical with multiple Dental and Vision options.
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution.
- 401(k) plan with employer match and generous vesting schedule.
- Paid Time Off leave, escalating with length of service.
- Recognition awards and employee referral bonuses.
- Housing rental discount and free on–site parking during work hours.
- In–house professional training and a 'Promote from Within' company culture.