Senior Tax Accountant
2 days left
- Full time
MISTRAS strives to provide a positive work environment that values excellence in safety and quality, free from discrimination and harassment. Every MISTRAS employee plays a part in our Company's success and making this a great place to work. We are committed to a work place where all employees are free to raise issues, concerns and questions for the improvement of our operations and work environment. Safety is the overriding priority in everything we do; all duties critical to safety, quality, and environmental protection are carried out in compliance with all requirements and with personal accountability.
The Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for income, sales, and miscellaneous tax filings. Position includes creating, enhancing, and maintaining processes to ensure the efficient, timely, and accurate filing of tax returns. The Senior Tax Accountant exercises independent judgment and conducts independent research in carrying out the details of the work according to applicable regulations and internal procedures. The Senior Tax Accountant will also assist the tax team in income tax reporting functions, audits, and acquisitions.
• Prepare income tax provision and returns, including underlying support
• Assist with sales and miscellaneous tax compliance
• Assist with Canadian income tax return compliance
• Assist with tax audits and inquiries
• Perform tax research
• Work with accounting and other departments to gather information and train on various tax issues
• Assist with reviewing and integrating business acquisitions, restructurings, and other transactions
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Masters of Science in Taxation (or working toward)
- Certified public account license (or working toward)
- 3– 8 years of tax experience with a large public accounting firm or multistate and/or international corporation
- PC literate (Internet, Excel, Word) and working knowledge of accounting systems
- Knowledge of income and state and local tax legislation
- Experience with income tax compliance software, required
- Experience with income tax provision and/or sales tax software, a plus
- Professional with the ability to interface with employees and management
- Able to function in a team environment with attention to detail, problem solve, and prioritize and organize work load in order to meet deadlines
- Travel 5–10% of the time
- Other projects as needed
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
• Frequent lifting up to 10 lbs.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; and does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Mistras offers all full–time employees Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits along with Vacation and Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and a 401K match program.
Mistras Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.