Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: CO > ENGLEWOOD > DENVER INVERNESS
Responsible for Financial Accounting of all Grants and Foundation activities across the CHI Enterprise. Preparation, completion and close of the CHI Connect Lawson general ledger system to prepare and consolidate the monthly financial statements and annual budget, including relevant elimination entries, and financial statement analysis for all Grant and Foundation activities in accordance with GAAP. Also responsible for the accounting and classification of grant activities, including Federal related grants which support the consolidated Uniform Guidance Audit for the CHI Enterprise.
The staff position will be assigned CHI regions and will be responsible for grant program accounting.
CHI Enterprise Scope:
Total Assets $22.6 billion
Total Temporary and Permanently Restricted Funds: $319 million
Total Revenues: $15.9 billion
Federal Awards – Total Federal Spend ~$30 million annually across 100 Federal Grants.
Total Foundation Accounting – ~40 Foundation Entities within the CHI Enterprise. Total Assets $400 million.
Reports to the CHI Enterprise Director, Grants and Foundation Accounting.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities:
- Perform month end close activities in the CHI Connect Lawson financial system to prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare month end management reports to be distributed to grant leaders.
- Prepare, document and reconcile all balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare analysis and provide assistance to grant administrators as the primary grant finance contact for assigned to areas of responsibility.
- Review transactions and prepare reports to assist Grant Administrators with expense and revenue validation for assigned grants.
- Complete all monthly revenue and billing processes for assigned grants.
- Complete grant analysis to ensure grants activities are appropriately set up and activity is appropriate.
- This includes identifying available grant funds, ensuring activity is recorded in the appropriate period, and monitoring grant periods for extensions or renewals, and reviewing spend for appropriateness.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of the Uniform Guidance audit, including preparation of the annual Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA)
- Assist in the development of indirect rates models; assists in the development of indirect rate proposals
- Proactively interact with key management personnel to gather information, resolve issues and/or problems and make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Assist Director in gathering information for ad hoc requests, resolving issues, and making recommendations for improving processes and procedures to enhance productivity and efficiency
- Stay current with accounting literature and GAAP impacts on Grant accounting to ensure accounts are stated in accordance with relevant principles
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
Required Minimum Experience:
- 1 to 3 Years Finance and Accounting
- Federal grant experience and/or Lawson experience required
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Finance and Accounting experience with extensive experience with Enterprise financial systems and general ledgers (Lawson experience strongly preferred)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to analyze transactional data and information
- Requisition ID: 2019–R
- Schedule: Full–time
- Market: Catholic Health Initiatives – National Office