Executive Manager, Hedge Accounting
See yourself in our team
As part of Group Treasury Finance, the Hedge accounting team is a small, very specialised and high performing team where you will have responsibility for:
- Oversight of Hedge accounting policy compliance with IFRS and maintenance of CBA Group’s policy framework;
- Oversight of Group’s Noncash P&L policy framework (Noncash P&L being adjustment between management preferred view of CBA result on a Cash P&L basis to Statutory results under IFRS);
- Provision of hedge accounting sign offs on any new products, transactions,, etc.;
- Management of operational aspects of hedge accounting including booking hedge relationships, accounting entries, effectiveness testing, documentations, reporting;
- Create teams SOPs
- Drive standardization, simplification and automation
Do work that matters
Key requirements of the role include:
- Demystify and optimize existing processes with focus on automation and simplification;
- Keep enhancing P&L attribution and reporting processes;
- Key interface between Treasury Front Office, Group Finance and Risk teams;
- Focus on a continuous agenda of value adding activities for our key stakeholders;
- Liaison with Treasury Front desk, Murex support team, Treasury IT to automate and standardize processes to avoid any manual hurdles;
- Leverage existing data platforms to automate reconciliations and review processes, in particular a utilization of RACE, GTRS, CHARMS and existing Murex reports;
- Transparent & understood & controlled product hedge accounting function;
- Provide monthly/ semi-annually P&L and Balance sheet analysis of the PRM MtM activities
We’re interested in hearing from people who
- Tertiary Qualifications: Accounting Discipline, CPA – High Importance
- Ability to analyze & solve complex problems involving transactions spanning multiple Business Units
- Industry experience and understanding of Treasury principles & operations.
- Background and technical accounting experience with transfer pricing and market risk concepts.
- Commercial awareness and business partnering abilities.
- Ability to form sound working relationships and influence people.
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills to meet customer, function and Group needs;
- Ability to identify current and potential issues in the management reporting and analysis outputs and to devise & implement appropriate policy and process improvements in response.
- Familiarity with Murex, PeopleSoft, GTRS, Essbase preferred and strong Excel & Database query skills are essential.
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we're committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career.
Applications close: 30 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.