Manager/Senior Manager - Transaction Diligence, Transaction Advisory Services, Singapore
6 days left
- Full time
The potential for error is high in an environment where speed is critical. Companies executing local and global acquisitions face strong competition for quality assets and edge to win. M&A success starts with comprehensive diligence, detailed insights of value levers informing their decisions to acquire at the right price whilst protecting their downside.
As a Transaction Diligence Manager/Senior Manager, you’ll be right at the heart of the action and client decision. You’ll work with many of the world’s largest organizations, fast-growing companies and private equity firms on their most complex deals. You’ll be advising our clients throughout the diligence lifecycle on key drivers to increase value and reduce the risks and uncertainty inherent in transactions.
You’ll be working in a dynamic team environment with financial due diligence professionals on a variety of projects across a range of sectors. Our team works to understand the client’s business profit drivers and trends, as well as challenge assumptions of future performance and assist with purchase agreements and post-closing transaction matters. You will also be exposed to the use of big data tools in addition to the traditional excel skills to improve identification of deal insights.
Your key responsibilities:
As a Manager/Senior Manager in Transaction Diligence, you will manage and lead teams across different services line and execute financial diligence project work. You’ll be focused on analyzing financial data and identifying key trends behind the performance of a business, discussing business performance and forecast assumptions with senior team management, and helping structure reports that set out our findings and recommendations around the key financial and business issues in a transaction. You will also be responsible for people and practice development activities. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to develop your own personal development in selected sectors and cultivate key long-term client/account relationships.
Skills and attributes for success
- Able to work under pressure
- Managing and executing financial due diligence engagements.
- Developing and communicating fees and time lines.
- Identifying negotiation factors for purchase price and deal structuring.
- Identifying post-acquisition action steps to achieve anticipated earnings/cash flow improvements.
- Understand industry trends and technologies, to provide knowledge and insight to clients.
- Understanding and integrate EY's different service lines to deliver a multi-disciplinary insights leading to a successful transaction.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and 8 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 7 years of related work experience supported by an active CPA certification.
- Relevant financial due diligence experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights.
- Ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 40% on short notice.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A proven record of excellence in a mergers or acquisitions transactions role.
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization.
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry.
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to supporting your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills and talents as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.