Our Accounts team of four work to support the whole School and St Helen’s Enterprises Ltd (a subsidiary trading company of the School). St Helen’s is seeking to appoint an Accounts Assistant who reports to the Accountant.
Complete the necessary day to day functions for the School’s Trading Subsidiary, St Helen’s Enterprises.
main tasks and responsibilities
- Manage the Sales Ledger. This includes reconciling the daily takings and producing other lettings invoices.
- Update and printing daily the bank statements via online portal.
- Daily bank reconciliations.
- Set up mandates and collections of Direct Debits for gym memberships.
- Set up or authorisation and transmission of bank transfers, for the School and St Helen’s Enterprises.
- Prepare monthly journals, including salaries and deferred income.
- Manage queries in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Prepare the annual budget and monthly management accounts and cash flow.
- Liaise with the Sports Complex Manager, sports complex staff and Lettings Manager.
- Process inter-company invoices and charges.
- Produce financial /statistical analysis for audit.
- Close the various ledgers monthly.
- Administer the School’s parent pay portal.
Other accounts department duties
- Assist pupils and teachers with queries as required.
- Assist with non-fees income on an ad-hoc basis.
- Manage Petty Cash and processing to the Nominal Ledger.
- Update and print daily bank statements via the School portal.
- Assist with preparing the School’s annual budget, management accounts and cashflow.
- Advise, assist and support the Accountant in the performance of his/her duties.
- Administration as required within the Accounts Department.
- Provide cover for other members of the Accounts Team as required.
- Carry out such duties that may be reasonably required by the Accountant or Business Director.
- Follow responsibilities as defined in the School’s Health & Safety Policy.
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people with whom s/he comes into contact and adhere to and ensure compliance with the School’s Child Protection Policy.
- Support and promote and School’s ethos, aims and objectives.
Mathematics GCSE or equivalent, minimum grade C or 5
AAT qualified or
part qualified ACCA (minimum Level 2 accountant) or
part qualified CIMA (minimum Diploma Management Level)
Minimum 3 years’ experience of busy accounts office
Experience of drafting/preparing:
Personal characteristics and circumstances
Flexible, resilient and well-organised
Calm under pressure
Good people/communication skills
Attention to detail
Self-motivated and willing and able to use initiative
Able to work full time all year around, plus one Saturday per year