Researcher - Tax
1 day left
- Full time
ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. We're the world's most forward thinking professional accountancy body. Since we were founded in 1904, we have expanded to over 1500 staff in 50+ countries, meaning we’re a truly global organisation. Our people enjoy a working environment that is dynamic, human and connected, and have a strong focus on creating value for our students and members.
We’re currently recruiting for a Researcher - Tax to join our Business Reporting team (part of our Professional Insights team). This is a fixed term contract until August 2020 as cover for a career break and is based in London.
The Professional Insights team is responsible for the anticipation and recognition of external developments in the business and regulatory environment in which ACCA operates, and for the development and delivery of high quality, professional and innovative research and thought leadership outputs on key issues positioning ACCA as a global leader in the accountancy profession. The Business Reporting portfolio specifically focuses on Audit and Assurance, Corporate Reporting, Business Law and Taxation.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Generating high-quality research content professional thought leadership content on taxation and other subject areas within the Business Reporting portfolio, which can be tailored for communication to ACCA’s internal and external audiences
- Influencing key external stakeholders, in particular national and international policy-makers, in the development of policies for the public good
- Acting as secretariat for the relevant ACCA Global Forums, attended by a number of prominent figures in the education and accountancy world
- Working with the wider Professional Insights team to ensure that content is delivered on time, on budget and in formats that will have maximum impact for ACCA
- Advising senior management and specific external stakeholders on the development of policy/practice in taxation, being able to dial up or down as needed the technical message. This will ensure ACCA is able to deliver strategic objectives in leading the accountancy profession globally
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is a professionally qualified accountant and preferably has a Chartered Tax Adviser qualification
- Has knowledge and experience of the issues relevant to taxation and the wider implications of tax policy development - international tax knowledge and experience in a small or medium enterprise would be preferred
- Can evidence a growing network and profile in key communities within the Business Reporting portfolio environment
- Has a track record in the creation and dissemination of content-rich research and brand management activities to business audiences, the ability to develop policy positions in relevant areas and project management experiences and skills
- Is flexible and versatile with the ability to deliver within a dynamic business environment
- Has excellent interpersonal and team working skills with the ability to build strong relationships
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- Core benefits including private healthcare, pension and life assurance
- Customisable benefits including health assessments, healthcare cash plan, dental cover, cycle to work scheme and much, much more
- Flexible working and a great working environment
Interested in this role? Click ‘Apply’ for more information and to apply.