Hiring Range: $27.612/hr – $34.512/hr.
- Under the general direction of the Fiscal Services Manager, the Sr. Accountant will assist with the preparation of financial reports and apply accounting skills in assisting with the processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts, payroll, fixed assets, capital projects, and cash flows.
- The Sr. Accountant works directly with the accounting system to ensure that all City financial transactions are recorded and reported accurately on a timely basis according to current governmental accounting standards and generally accepted accounting principles.
- This employee will play a key role in the annual audit, the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, the annual budget book, and the investment portfolio and cash management program. Duties are performed with a substantial degree of independence within the framework of prescribed policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, public or business administration with a minimum of three years of experience in a local government finance position or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Experience with Central Square software, governmental accounting standards or comprehensive annual financial reporting a plus. Requires the possession of a valid driver's license and a good driving record.