Associate Director, COO Trading and Process Governance
See yourself in our team
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. The division also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing equities, markets, lending and transaction banking execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with business customers.
Global Markets is a department of IB&M and is responsible for all activities in interest rate, bond, foreign exchange, credit, debt and commodity products. Markets has offices across Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, London and New York.
The objective of the Markets Chief Operating Officer team is to ensure the Sales and Trading teams are equipped to meet the needs of our clients within our risk appetite statement. The team is accountable for the operation of Global Markets with a focus on the delivery and implementation of products, processes, projects, strategies and risk mitigation.
Do work that matters
Reporting to the COO for Trading and Quants and the Head of Process Governance, you will work within the Global Markets COO team to ensure strategic objectives formed at Management level are translated into deliverable business plans. You will play a lead role in the identification and remediation of risks within the business. This will be achieved by working with the business and relevant control partners to close out all open risks and remediation plans and ensure the business is operating within the risk profile set by the Bank.
More specifically you will:
- Work with the Global Markets COO, change and communications teams to ensure change is transitioned within the business in a smooth manner
- Oversee the product governance process, including new products and product reviews.
- Oversee the on-boarding, maintenance and off-boarding of relevant brokers, venues and business vendors – working closely with FCC, GM Operations, and others
- Maintain ongoing awareness and knowledge around regulatory changes impacting the business (i.e. Dodd Frank, Volker, FRTB and MiFID II)
- Ensure all critical GM processes are identified, owned, recorded, process mapped, standardised, risk assessed, controlled, monitored and reported
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies through process re-design
- Act as the gatekeeper for business process changes requested from group projects, GM projects, regulators, audit, 1LOD controls teams – and all business partners and control partners.
We want to hear from you if you have the following
- Minimum 7 year’s experience in prior risk or COO roles focusing on Markets businesses
- Sound understanding of financial markets products
- Strong understanding of global legal and regulatory markets environment
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills, capable of dealing with a range of global stakeholders and a large number of tasks concurrently
- Experience in risk management, process management, controls and/or conduct
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- High energy, able to operate at pace and bring a growth mindset
Our culture (equal opportunity)
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
We value you and won't leave you hanging. Our advertising closes at 5pm AEST on Tuesday 29th October but expect to hear back from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck.
Applications close: 29 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.