3 days left
- Full time
The Accounts Manager will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and carry out all aspects of accounts work by managing a team in respect of this.
In addition they will be required to attend networking events, be involved in pitching for new work and in assisting the Partners to grow the business.
My client are a one-stop-shop of expertise parallel to the "Big 4" accounting firms, but small enough to work with clients on a personal basis - there is no matter that a colleague at the firm cannot handle. Their Partners are all specialists in their chosen fields of expertise consistently working together across matters, meaning clients benefit from joined-up, Partner-led advice with broad skills and experience on all aspects of their financial affairs
- Planning jobs and contact clients to remind them when preparation work is due.
- Liaising/meeting with the client to consider both their needs and the key areas relating to the assignment.
- Liaising with the appropriate Tax Manager before the assignment commences to ensure that any tax related matters are known and advising him/her when the assignment will be ready for a tax review.
- Arranging for the appropriate staff to be available.
- Preparing the budget and agreeing it and the timing with the client
- Ensuring that recovery rates and budgets for jobs are adhered to by self and the team
- Managing the assignment as it proceeds, delegating and reviewing work of staff to ensure that standards are met.
- Providing timely feedback to partners on issues identified with clients
- Presenting to the Partner a complete file with minimal review points
- Put through final adjustments to the accounts where a more junior member of staff is not available and prepare final accounts to send to clients
- Carry out other tasks for clients, such as special assignments
- Identifying and follow up of possible opportunities for incremental fees across the business - both with existing clients and new clients
- Keep time sheets up to date.
- Keep themselves technically up to date and ensure Institute CPD requirements are met
- To research detailed technical matters and report thereon
The Accounts Manager will be a qualified ACA/ACCA with good technical competence including experience of Management accounts. The job holder will also have good VAT knowledge, proven experience of managing a client portfolio and strong people management skills. Applicants must have a car for travel to client premises and have advanced IT skills including Caseware, Sage, Xero, CCH and Excel.
Annual bonus scheme
25 days holiday increasing after 6 years' service by 1 day until they reach 30 days.
Additional day off for their birthday
Additional day off for volunteering/charity work
£500 annual wellness allowance to be spent on anything wellbeing related such as gym membership, spa days, medical insurance
Pension 5% employee 4%
Life Assurance 4x annual salary
Cycle scheme/season ticket
Private medical insurance paid for by the company