My client are currently seeking a new member of their fast-paced, high volume Credit Control team. This is a full on role that will require a high energy, results driven candidate who is prepared to take responsibility for their workload and develop their credit control skills in a vibrant, new and growing team.
My client are a European market leader in their sector. They are rapidly growing, and require a new member of their credit control team to help shoulder the workload of their growing client base. This is an excellent opportunity for a Credit Controller to join a company where genuine and proven opportunities for progression into multiple avenues within finance are present. If you are a capable Credit Controller, with the ability to handle yourself in a high pressure, high volume environment and have the drive to seek genuine career progression, this is the role for you.
- Controlling and monitoring credit allowed to customers.
- Ensuring written Credit Control procedures are adhered to.
- Receiving credit limit increase requests for all Customers; following the companies credit control procedure for credit risk assessment, and then passing on for authorisation to the Credit Control Supervisor.
- Responsible for authorisation of procedures, involving decision-making and resolution of customer queries.
- Requesting overdue monies from customer by phone and letter. Sending legal letters on agreed dates.
- Ensuring customer queries are dealt with on a timely basis and are resolved to ensure payment is received.
- Ensuring issues raised by Supervisor/Chief Accountant review are followed up and resolved within set deadlines.
- Ensuring customer accounts are clamped on agreed dates and released according to written procedures.
- Ensuring customer accounts with overdue invoices are submitted to debt collection agencies in accordance with procedures.
- Reviewing daily report listing of clamped/stopped customer accounts where monies have been paid. Removing clamp flag from relevant accounts
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to perform under pressure in a high volume department
- Capable of managing and taking responsibility for their own ledger/workload.
- Capable of assessing Credit Risk on client and customer profiles.
- No debt 60+ days overdue on allocated accounts other than accounts where legal action being taken/ credit notes required.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools, particularly MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, credible, resilient and confident
- Good time management, strong organisational skills
- Proficient in Excel including V-Lookups and Pivot tables
- Competitive Salary.
- 20 days holiday, upgrading to 25 after 3 years
- Potential for study support provisions for candidates that show willingness and ability in their role after the first year
- Permanent Credit Controller role within manufacturing and production Based in Letchworth Garden city