Accounts Assistant - Maldron Hotel, Newlands Cross, Clondalkin Dublin 22
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accounts Assistant in the Maldron Hotel Newlands Cross
Objective of the Role
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounts Assistant will provide support to the Financial Controller and the Hotel Management team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts including Profit and Loss account and Balance Sheet.
- Ensuring all sales are recorded accurately and there is a robust system in place for highlighting issues, preparing daily sales KPI report for issuance to individual departments and recording of sales on various hotel computer information systems.
- Control of the cash & banking function of the hotel through the maintenance of the daily income audit, monitoring of the cash handling procedures throughout the property and providing training where appropriate, managing petty cash & ordering and maintaining appropriate cash levels in the hotel.
- Accounts Receivable – Ensure that the system of recording, invoicing and chasing of payments is done in an effective manner and that that the property’s debtors are tracked and monitored periodically.
- Accounts Payable – Maintenance of the hotel’s purchasing system, reconciliation of creditor statements and dealing with supplier queries.
- Safeguard the assets of the hotel with particular emphasis on the maintenance of sound internal control systems.
- We are looking for an ambitious, confident and professional individual with strong communication, organisational and analytical skills.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate accounting experience, preferably in a hospitality, food & beverage environment or within the retail sector.
- The ideal candidate will be a qualified or part qualified accountant.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
About our culture
Dalata Hotel Group – Ireland’s largest hotel group has a number of exciting positions on the horizon. As Dalata continues to grow and expand in Ireland and the UK it’s more important than ever to have the right team alongside us, in the near future we will be opening the doors of new hotels creating over 4000 jobs and investing over €110m in the Irish and UK economy.
We lead through our Dalata values of “Our People, Our Fairness, Our Service and Our Individuality”. If you have the right attitude and energy you will have great opportunities to progress within the group. Our company is a place where you can do great things – individually and as a team. You will have the opportunity to develop your talent, be recognised and rewarded for your commitment and pursue a fulfilling career. We also have a number of unique and recognised training programmes to aid your professional and personal development and pride ourselves on creating an objective, supportive and fair working environment for our employees.
Dalata Hotel Group Plc is an Equal Opportunities Employer.