Project Cost Controller/Accountant
- Ensures that budgets and billing schedules are created for each project according to the contract
- Analyzing the project budgets/forecasts for completeness, accuracy, & reasonableness across all lines of financial data through challenging questions to the project managers & other team members
- Controlling & analyzing costs and revenues, so that project budgets are respected by comparison analysis with actual recorded revenues/costs vs the forecasted revenues/costs adhering to the contract values/language/scope
- Ensures that when a project is operationally complete, the final billing goes out & that a comparison is completed between last forecasted revenues/costs vs final revenues/costs
- Attending Kick Off Meetings of projects
- Initiating/attending Project Close Out & Lessons Learned meetings & having the Project Manager complete the Project Close Out form as well as ensuring Minutes to the Lessons Learned are documented
- Ensures that all purchases that were planned for a job are recorded in SAP & that billing for projects are recorded in SAP & compared to the contract value/schedule of values
Performs month end close for all projects and prepares, as necessary, financial reports for all projects
- Ensures that work scheduled and performed fits within the contract scope and that work performed outside the contract scope is properly recorded, negotiated and billed, i. e. Change Orders
- Ensures that all billable equipment & personnel are appropriately identified, classified and recorded for billing purposes
- Prepares reports for management for decision making and reporting
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Accounting & Controls
The Successful Applicant
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Scheduling meetings with Project Managers to discuss each project's forecasting of revenues/costs for 3rd party, internal personnel/equipment & any Inter–co costs and revenues
- Ensuring accurate forecasting through critical analysis of the Project Manager's & other team members ideas, numbers, etc.
Timely forecasting submission
- Accurate & timely invoicing to the client while adhering to the contract/schedule of values.
- Initiate the change order process whenever a change in scope is discovered.
- Ensuring that the proper paper work is completed for each project once it is both operationally & financially complete (Project Close Out Form, Lessons Learned, Comparison, Analysis of Last Forecasted Revenues/Costs vs Actual Revenues/Costs at close out)
- Responsible for assisting in the forecasting
- Responsible for Invoicing to the client
- Responsible for 'red flagging' change in scope of the contract
- Responsible for assisting the Project Managers for close out of projects
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Board of Management or Manager of Accounting & Controls
- 3 – 5 Years of Experience in project related Accounting and Finance.
- Demonstrated skill in accounting and controlling complex projects.
Heavy Lift and / or Heavy Haul project experience preferred.
- Must be able to find, diagnose, solve and prevent issues and potential issues relating to accounting for projects.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Basic Computer Skills (Word Processing, Spreadsheet, etc)
- SAP Knowledge, preferred
- Bachelors in Accounting – Masters in Accounting or Finance Preferred
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary + quarterly bonus
- Full medical/dental/vision health benefits.
- Vacation, holidays and sick days
- 401k Match
- Life insurance