Assistant Financial Controller (Finance and Accounting Management)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading non–profit organization looking to hire a permanent Assistant Controller/Business Manager in Indianapolis to provide accounting, human resource and operational support. Looking for someone with non–profit/fund accounting experience and experience with schools is preferred.?
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Review postings prepared by accounting personnel and direct their work activities.
- Manage the purchasing functions of the organization, including RFPs as needed, proper documentation, analysis, and assistance with purchasing choices.
- Approval and oversight for all accounts payable and payments.
- Responsible for reviewing month–end close package, reconciling bank balances and balance sheet accounts, proper coding to the general ledger, and various supplemental schedules.
- Reports, analyzes, and interprets financial and operating data for management as needed, including but not limited to monthly variance reporting.
- Responsible for all fixed asset accounting, tracking, documentation, additions, and disposals in accordance with policies.
- Lead annual external audits and prepare required tax and regulatory compliance and reporting.
- Coordinate with other staff on federal, state, and private grant compliance and reporting.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism when dealing with confidential or sensitive information.
- Assist with special projects as required and other duties as assigned.
- ? ? ? ? ?? Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- ? ? ?Ability to look at a computer for long periods of time.
- ? ? ? ? ?? Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- 3–5 years related experience in general accounting.
- Bachelor?s degree in accounting, business, or finance required.
- Experience in nonprofit/fund accounting required.
- Grant maintenance preferred.
- CPA Certification preferred.
- Self–starter, attention to detail, able to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Proficiency in analyzing, reporting and recording financial data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite ? Word, Excel and Power Point.
- An agreement with the mission statement.