Financial Analyst - Logistics
If you have a strong desire to gain exposure to operations and logistics and use your financial education/work experience to formulate strategies to better serve our e–commerce and catalog customers, this is a great opportunity for you!
Central Restaurant Products is a values–driven, national distributor of restaurant equipment and supplies, and we are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our Logistics Team.
- Developing new shipping solutions for sales staff and working with Merchandising to develop effective shipping and pricing strategies.
- Maintaining and communicating statistical data on tracking of product shipments, returns, and inventory and making recommendations for reducing freight costs and improving on–time delivery.
- Reporting results of freight profit and losses to management.
- Freight carrier relationships – primary contact (carrier evaluations, negotiate contract renewals, build networks for specialty services).
- Maintain the freight rating system and data files within ERP system.
- Processing Freight Claims and providing freight rating support for sales orders
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Business
- Strategic mindset gained through internships, leadership experience or work experience
- Desire to learn the operations/logistics side of the business
- Advanced Excel skills to work with large amounts of data
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills to work across department lines and with outside carriers.
- Detail oriented
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance with option to fund a Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexibility to do some work from home (must live in Greater Indianapolis area)
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Casual work environment
- Employee Bonus plan
Visit our website: centralrestaurant.com
EOE – Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran