Executive Manager Risk and Controls
Do work that matters
We are seeking the expertise of an Executive Manager, Risk and Controls to join our Retail Banking Services (RBS) , Data and Decision Science Team.
You will have accountability for leading the Line 1 Risk activities and embedding a sound risk culture within the Business teams that you support, including:
- Risk Management
- Risk Culture
See yourself in our team
Your team provides insights to the Retail Bank to support RBS strategy and is accountable for development of a customer centric approach to managing and deepening customer relationships.
Key areas of focus include:
- Development & implementation of RBS data strategy
- Prioritisation and coordination of investment in data and analytics across the Retail Bank
- Managing and governance of data owned by the Retail Bank
- Product ownership for automated orchestration and decision-making engines that analyse insights and customer information to deliver quality customer experience through all Retail Banking channels
On any given day you will
The main area of responsibility will be to maintain a strong risk culture and lead the Line 1 Operational Risk activities for the teams supported.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Embedding the Operational Risk Management Frameworks (ORMF) in the Business teams
- A strong focus on practical risk management advice to meet all reporting and regulatory requirements, with a commercial lens to proactively support this innovative and fast paced area of the Retail Bank
- Working with our team to uplift risk culture across DDS
- Supporting the roll out of the Remedial Action Plan
- Liaising with Internal and External Auditors
- Accountable for the attestation process
- Delegating for the Head of Planning and Operations, Office of the CAO in the wider RBS Line 1 Risk Community Leadership Team meetings, off-sites, and Issues Management Meetings as required
- Creating Risk Reporting for the Business as applicable (ie if the business has a sub-risk committee or governance forum)
Your path looks like
If you live and breathe the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities both within Retail Banking Services and beyond the wider CBA group. We’ll help you find the next step that’s right for you and enable you to be your best.
We’re interested in hearing from people who
- Have a practical approach to risk management and who are agile in their thinking and enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- In depth understanding of all relevant legislation impacting Retail Banking customer data (e.g. AML, FATCA, CRS, Privacy Act, etc)
- Demonstrated experience in Operational Risk & Compliance in Line 1 or Line 2 roles or Audit experience in Financial Services or Professional Consulting firms
- Demonstrated people leadership experience (preferred)
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
Applications close: 24 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.