Financial Accounting & Advisory Services (FAAS) – Financial Reporting - Senior Associate
- Full time
Financial Accounting & Advisory Services (FAAS) -Financial Reporting - Senior Associate
FAAS is the fastest growing department in Grant Thornton. Our team has grown from 12 to 160 over the last 6 years. We are a specialist team who service complex large scale and multinational companies, providing solutions to accounting challenges in global finance functions. Our experienced and multinational team operates across 4 key service lines as per the below;
- Global Compliance and Reporting Solutions
Centralised approach to the following services:
- Statutory accounts production
- Conversion from group to local
- Supporting audit file
- Tagging & filing VAT
- Income tax
- Audit and Accounting Advisory
- Centralised coordinated non-financial services audits for EMEA and APAC entities through our Centre of Excellence
- Conversion to new accounting frameworks
- Implementation of new accounting standards
- Technical accounting advice on new transactions
- Effective Financial Reporting
- Interim/Surge resourcing
- Remediation and review
- Transition management
- PMO Offering
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Full or partial process outsourcing including PTP, OTC and RTR
- Payroll coordination
- Process optimisation
- Reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Access to consulting advice for Shared Service Centre setup and implementation
The characteristics of the target client base we are selling to are as follows:
- Complex clients and group structures;
- Technically demanding;
- Driving efficiency and change;
- Looking for value;
- Want a single point of contact ;
- Sophisticated procurement processes; and
- Often SEC regulated.
The service delivery therefore demands a combination of rigorous project management with clear communication protocols, technical excellence and a deep knowledge of shared service centre operating environments.
The candidate should have a strong background in the financial services industry and understand the challenges and trends which affect this sector. This role will suit an ambitious motivated person who is willing and interested in getting involved with helping the team. It involves working closely with FAAS directors and managers and other senior personnel within Grant Thornton but also with key people from our multinational client base.
- Working with clients to prepare and review financial statements under IFRS and Lux and US GAAP;
- Working with clients to optimize several business functions, this may include projects relating to the financial statement process, review and remediation of business processes and short term interim staffing assignments working within a team environment to ensure deadlines are met;
- Building strong relationships with client representatives;
- Liaising with auditors;
- Promoting FAAS both internally and externally.
Skills and attributes
- Experience and knowledge in financial services/asset management industry either directly or through practice;
- ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent IFAC qualification;
- Minimum 1 years’ PQE;
- Audit experience of large companies, multinational entities and complex financial instruments;
- Proficient accountant, with strong knowledge of IFRS & US GAAP and some knowledge of Irish GAAP and Luxembourg GAAP;
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements related to funds industry;
- Strong computer skills – advanced knowledge of Microsoft office;
- Excellent attention to detail and resolves issues as they arise;
- Strong communicator, highly articulate with good report writing and excel skills;
- SAP or alternative ERP experience – desirable;
- Ability to learn quickly and keep abreast of developments (particularly IFRS and US GAAP);
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Experience of working as part of a team supporting others.
Grant Thornton is Ireland’s fastest growing professional services firm. With over 1,350 people in 7 offices across Ireland and 53,000 located in over 130 countries around the world, we bring you the local knowledge, national expertise and global presence to help you and your business succeed – wherever you’re located. We deliver solutions to all business challenges. Clients choose us because the breadth of financial and business services they need is available, delivered innovatively and always to the highest standards. At Grant Thornton we are committed to long term relationships.
Grant Thornton operate from offices in Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Galway, Kildare, Limerick and Longford.
Read more at https://www.grantthornton.ie/about/
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.