Assistant Financial Controller
All candidates MUST complete a culture index survey for your application to be reviewed. Please follow this Winchester Carlisle Culture Index Survey to complete and return to application.
- Insurance Issues and renewals
- Major purchases such as trucks and equipment
- Perform customer verification
- Tax planning and compliance
- Schedule audits with the Company's financial auditors
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting and other financial staff, recommending and implementing personnel actions
- Improve the adequacy of internal controls, including recommendations to Company objectives for various departments
- Monitor the Company's financial performance
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards
- Ensuring timely preparation and presentation of monthly, quarterly & annual financial statements and directing execution and management of financial reports to Company management.
- Responsible for Integrity of GL Accounts, Maintain GL Schedules
- Assist the Company's Finance, Sales and Operations Teams with special projects, reporting, inquiries, policy deployment or other business projects and initiatives.
Audit Tax Liaison
- Work with external auditors and tax professionals on technical accounting issues and all required audit & tax schedules et al.
- Resolve and track inventory discrepancies/variances.
- Other unlisted duties as assigned
- A thorough knowledge of GAAP compliance.
- Strong MS Office with emphasis in Excel.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write professional reports, business correspondence, and procedural documents.
Skills & Abilities
- Team/ Service Focused
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented in all assignments
- Ability to multi–task and meet deadlines
- Accuracy, analytical skills and attention to detail are required
- Strong multi–tasking skills; must manage responsibilities under strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- 3 to 5 years of Financial Planning and Analysis experience
- Homebuilding industry preferred